Kirschental lines - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2012, 03:32 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Kirschental lines

My puppy Mack is the product of both parents being of Kirschental bloodline. Ive tried to look up as much as I could. Some say that this line has a mix of German Working and Show.. Just trying to understand my pup better. He is actually great..better than I could have hoped for. Im just fascinated with all the lines and the work that go into them. Does anyone have some answers on what Kirshental line are like vs other blood lines? Pros vs Cons? Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Kirschental lines-img_3762.jpg   Kirschental lines-img_3713.jpg   Kirschental lines-img_3533.jpg  
Mack12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2012, 10:08 AM   #2 (permalink)
Administrator & LOTR Addict

Did you read the website for Kirschental kennels? Much has been translated into English.

http://www.kirschental.de/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Vala SchH3 AWD1 FH2 CGC B/HOT, SG1 Deja IPO3 AWD1 KKL1 B/HOT, SG Elena BH AD CGC B/HOT, LB (the ugly little sable) B/HOT, Donovan IPO1 TR2 AD, and gone but not forgotten, Nike SchH1 OB1 TR3 AD CGC HOT, Treue SchH3 CD CGC HOT

lhczth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2012, 10:39 AM   #3 (permalink)
Knighted Member

I think the old female line used by this kennel, ( descending back to Blanka vom Mummelsee ), is quite a good one. Very willing dogs with what some call "genetic obedience" in high doses. Dogs with the ability to hear their handler and quite responsive to simple praise. The many I worked, who had this female line, did the work for the satisfaction of working. I think this is maybe difficult for people to understand now, that a dog can get drive satisfaction in the work itself, without being bribed or constantly "rewarded' with with food, toys and grips. The work was the reward. I have always viewed it as a very strong female line that has a strong influence, even when bred to lines with less working ability. That is what I have seen anyway . When bred with strong working lines, simply super.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Anne

Last edited by Vandal; 08-28-2012 at 10:43 AM.
Vandal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2012, 10:49 AM   #4 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Is Kirschental considered working line or show?
Freestep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2012, 11:03 AM   #5 (permalink)

Lisa, I did find that webpage..I was just looking for a little more info from people that have had personal experience with this line. Thanks for the replies..It helps.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:10 AM   #6 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Years ago, it was considered a working line, (HGH /herding), when herding was actually really herding and not just a "show". Especially, ( as he mentions in the "History" section of the web site Lisa provided), the breeding with Uwe and before that.
Later on, he started breeding pretty heavily into show lines.
I think nowadays, it is associated more with show lines because of the direction the breeder went in. I haven't see tons of dogs from this kennel nowadays but what I said, I found to be the case some years back. I think he could get away with using what might have been a lesser male with that female line but again, herding in Germany is not what it once was...according to those who really did it .

Anne

Vandal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2012, 11:23 AM   #7 (permalink)
Crowned Member

My friend used to tell me that she thought my rescue GSD had Kirschental lines in her-she just really wanted to be trained and enjoyed it-I emailed Marion once and she responded -bet she would give you info if you e-mailed her
holland is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2012, 11:35 AM   #8 (permalink)

I would call Kirschental show lines now. Herr Fuller is actually ill and his wife Marion is in the process of selling their dogs so it is the end of an era.

My Nikon's dam is from Kirschental (carries the kennel name and was imported). She was born when her dam was 10 years old, so this brings some good blood (some of the working stuff Herr Fuller originally used) closer up in Nikon's pedigree. The motherline is definitely the strength of his pedigree. His sire is not from Kirschental but another German show kennel with more typical lines that are popular today.
Legend (GSD 10/22/13)
Rainbow Bridge Kenya (GSD)

Liesje is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2012, 01:32 PM   #9 (permalink)

I didnt realize he was that ill and she was selling the dogs. All good things must come to an end, but I do hope that there are breeders out there that will keep this line going and do it justice. Im really just blown away by my dog. I do remember seeing his mother and father..the mom ruled, was kinda funny actually. I would get another in a heartbeat and I just stumble upon this breeder thats been doing it for 25 years in upstate NY.
Old 08-28-2012, 02:22 PM   #10 (permalink)

Traumhof has a lot of imported Kirschental dogs.
Legend (GSD 10/22/13)
Rainbow Bridge Kenya (GSD)

Liesje is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.