Von Giliannes - Belgian breeder. spit some thoughts? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2012, 05:32 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Von Giliannes - Belgian breeder. spit some thoughts?

Hello again,

So on my research i found this one that i like:
maybe more then the previous one...

Daizy Von Giliannes

6 geneneration pedigree for Daizy von Giliannes - German Shepherd Dog

X

Glenn Vom Haus Valkenplatz

Glenn vom Haus Valkenplatz - working-dog.eu

what would you think of the Zorro vom laager wall - Fado vom karthago - fero - lord vom gleisdreieck combination?

Some nice ddr blood in it i assume?
Arkangel_BE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2012, 07:59 AM   #2 (permalink)

All my ddr dogs have had Lord in their peds it's what I look for.

I also had a Zorro grandson, and that dog was the best ever..I tend to stick with dogs that have those two in their backgrounds because I've liked what I got from them.

Danger Danger vom Kleinen Hain aka Masi
"Angel" Jakoda's Bewitchen Sami CD OA OAJ OAC NGC OJC RS-O GS-N JS-O TT HIC CGC
"Angel" Steinwald's Four x Four CGC HIC TT
Harmonyhill's Hy Jynx NA NAJ NAC NJC RS-N JS-N HIC
"Angel" Jakoda's Jagged Edge
JakodaCD OA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2012, 08:10 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakodaCD OA View Post
All my ddr dogs have had Lord in their peds it's what I look for.

I also had a Zorro grandson, and that dog was the best ever..I tend to stick with dogs that have those two in their backgrounds because I've liked what I got from them.
nice! thank you!

could you specify a little what you liked about them? maybe tell me a little about their character?

thank for your input jakoda.
Arkangel_BE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2012, 08:22 AM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

It's a mix of west and east by the way.

I am surprised to see orly in the 4th generation, it is hard to come by him these days. **** good dog and producer. I don't really remember Maike but I do remember Gitta. She was a good bitch.
Mrs.K is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2012, 09:25 AM   #5 (permalink)
Crowned Member

It is a real mish mash....lots of notable dogs in the 3rd through 6th gens.....sort of an odd combo of lines....some dogs I really like, and then some I am not sure why you would combine.....maybe the breeder is going on the dogs characters and drives and not thinking about pedigrees at all....many breeders are of that philosophy when choosing breeding pairs....

I also have Lord in my one female family....and like the looks, the tracking drives and the stability it brings....but not sure that Manto combined with the female is somewhere I would go.....

Lee

wolfstraum.net

wolfstraum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2012, 09:48 AM   #6 (permalink)

The brother to the mother(ortha) of glenn v haus valkenplatz was imported to sweden and has plenty of offspring here, one of his many offspring I saw last weekend in the GSD championship in IPO, higest protectionscore and will represent sweden in WUSV. His pedigree and performance on that trial, handsome male with pretty much DDR-dogs on his mothers side too,
Gråmanns Rocco - German Shepherd Dog

björn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2012, 10:53 AM   #7 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I love what you Swedes have done to and for the breed. I know I am generalizing, but your approach to genetic and the phenotype of the breed resonates with me. Wish your country was closer.....lol
cliffson1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2012, 11:03 AM   #8 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I love that protection routine!!!! Yeah yeah I know his butt did not touch Thr ground on some sits....whatever! But his transports, clean calm, looking straight ahead ready to apprehend or ready to mrespond to a counter command from the owner. No hyperactive repeated forging. Nothing stylish but very very functional and real. I'm sure the Sch gods can nitpick the performance, but I saw a rock solid routine.
cliffson1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2012, 11:30 AM   #9 (permalink)
Crowned Member

short answer -- I prefer this pedigree also. Beyond prefer - really really like !!

I like the female -- very strong pedigree , love seeing a GSD in KNPV with met lof !!! A strong female is such a good foundation for the next generation. In addition this male Iwan has another dog proven through KNPV on 'his' mothers pedigree , power through the females. When you see this thema you see there is a deliberate management of having and keeping the good and not seeking to compensate or bring something in . They have it.
Harro with his Racker , more herding , excellent source for tracking, more Bernd through Eros Busecker Schloss . Harro appears several times. You are keeping the power to work in check with biddability , ability to yield and work with and not just for , intelligence and good instincts.
Further along you have Gibsy Alten Wassermuhle , with some of my favourite animals Mira Iris, Hassan , holding resources to Bernd through haus Himpel which goes back to one of the better old herding foundation lines. Power/Control.
Gildo, Dreschler (under appreciated) , Zorro .
At the same time within this pedigree you have kept some old herding lines through Uwe Kirschental , and character and herding through Bernd Lierberg .
Even like Ary von Kleinen Taller in there bringing in herding . I had real good experience with him and he is in the background of some of my dogs. I have always liked his streamlined body V Ary vom kleinen Taller - German Shepherd Dog . That he was bred to a Bernd daughter Winny , who repeats on the same generation through the sire's family is a bonus. Always an eye on character and stability.

this is a really strong female, and with that more than half the battle has been won.

So is has been / will be bred to Glenn vom haus Valkenplatz who is not on the pedigree data base . To make it easier to follow , his sire , Mic v d Kine is and this is his pedigree Mic von der Kine - German Shepherd Dog. Love Manto Kahlenbach , love the potential when you combine strong tracking with old herding , which has been a theme throughout the females (Daizys) pedigree . Troll brings in the Liergergs - a click of a breeding , best of Fero . Enno Beilstein worthy of a study on his own. In this pedigree of Mic there is excellent use of Busecker Schloss . Ignaz through Mink . Seigo (Bernd source).
That was the sire of Glenn vom haus Valkenplatz.

Here is his mother's pedigree in the same format. Ortha vom Haus Valkenplatz - German Shepherd Dog - Aron known as a producer , brings Racker Itztal and Urs Hopfenstrasse, through this sire Aron Granit Rose.

Interesting again that the female side of the pedigree shows strength of character -- a female with a KNPV . Proof of the pudding - a female is as good as she produces -- and here is one of her sons , randomly chosen "Hassan" --wow--- Hassan Vom Haus Valkenplatz - German Shepherd Dog -- wow -- should be a new title . It was totally random - I saw the little image of a black dog which reminded me of my Hektor so opened up on him.
Then you go to investigate what the mothers littermates are and you have brother V Onix vom Haus Valkenplatz - German Shepherd Dog and SG Omar vom Haus Valkenplatz - German Shepherd Dog
Tess vom Haus Valkenplatz - German Shepherd Dog
This kennel that owns this female is making some really good breed combinations. Good on them.
Many resources to the herding here also , Perry Beilstein, Racker , Uran Kirschental , Bert v h Knufken , Bernd and Bodo Lierberg, Mutz and Marko, more Gildo (arek stoffelblick).

So you have the ingredients for rock solid , willfull dogs that should have mental endurance, high thresholds, not excitable nor reactive, active aggression, and if trained as a partner , not so much through bribes , but allowing natural talents to expose , then catch them and put them to use , you have a best chances for good dog here. I would not go kooky happy nuts to get out on the schutzhund field right away , young as possible . There are so many older type lines here , the older style , that do best when you live with the dog as a normal dog and show them the world - then with maturity you train . The good stuff just keeps on coming . Then if you train you have to go to a club that will bring the dog out in a non-prey-monkey way because this dog is going to be more real more working . A good decoy with a good read and prescence will bring the dog to its best .

So where are these pups -- seriously , who is the breeder.

Carmen
CARMSPACK.com
carmspack is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2012, 11:50 AM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I like the female -- very strong pedigree
She's a genetic treasure.
Mrs.K is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.