Von Giliannes - Belgian breeder. spit some thoughts? - Page 3 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2012, 05:12 PM   #21 (permalink)
Crowned Member

look Cliff Jack v Stieglerhof - German Shepherd Dog

look at the mother line --
carmspack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2012, 08:45 PM   #22 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Yes Carmen that is definitely a line of old DDR dogs that brought good natural herding nd working traits. Whenever you have Bern thru Held I am interested. Also a lot of other good resources. Nice!
cliffson1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2012, 12:44 PM   #23 (permalink)

Carmen,

For more info about this litter you have to contact Von Giliannes, they are the breeder of this litter.
This litter is born on 15 august in Belgium.

their website: Von giliannes - duitse herdersDemo (not working in english)
Arkangel_BE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2012, 12:46 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmspack View Post
Arkangel can you now do a favour for me.
Years ago I was friends with a Swedish woman who went under the kennel name of Brigadens. She had a breeding to Greve Goliat "Zeb" who was police dog of the year 2000 for saving his handlers life when a stadium full of angry soccer hooligans went on rampage. His owner was unconscious and the crowd was ready to stomp on him, through chairs. This dog held every one away , fearless , until more help came. it´s a son of Jack Stiegler Hof who will be the father of the pups. Whio´s Greve Goliat ("Zeb") is his name.
You can look at Blekinge police departments homepage for some pictures of him.
clik.to
When on the homepage click on the blue button on the right : Årets polishund 2000 Ther you can find some pictures of Zeb and some text on Swedish :-)
Generally it says that he has incrediable drives, strong fight and that he never gives up.
He was awarded "policedog of year 2000" because he is a an absolute complete policedog with super tracking ability and work in crimescenes.
His pedigree is.

Fels v Kemmlerblick - Lex Aspenhaus
Dux v Zinnsteig
Elfe vd Jahnstadt - Durbas Haus Himpel
Jack v Stiegler Hof
Golf v Ritterberg - Eggo Ammerberg
Danka Schieferschloss
Käty v Bärenbrusch - Ilka´s Duran
Whios Greve Goliat

Odin v Andershofer Ufer - Frei Baruther Land
Silverpilens Nix
Silverpilens öja -Pilfalkens Qroy - Cito vd Sandhol - Aro Worringer Reitweg - Vello Sieben Faulen
Whio´s Chic Cherie Ina Hembachwald -Valet Busecker Schloss
Chax Gringo
Chax Jatruice
Cherie

Im really glad your dogs are doing great, and know how proud you must be.
Looked at Rkiv on his homepage, and he sure was a beautiful boy.
Very nice expression.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so something happened which prevented her from sending the dog? that I forget -- I am thinking maybe they were longhair and she wanted to send the "BEST"

So the next dogs we were discussing was a military dog IDEX , which needed special permission form the government to approve a breeding .

The other consideration was One of the males I´m concidering to use is named Marhöjs Kubik, he took a 280 out of 300 score on the temperament test.
You know the average is about 170p for a male.
Or his litter brother Marhöjs Kastor, Military Police dog. Only offered to selected females.
They are 4,4-5 Odin v. Andershofer Ufer.
The combination will give 5,5,6-5,5,6 on Odin v. anderhofer Ufer.
Their mother is a litter sister to Likatorps Baxe that I was considering before.
The entire Marhöjs K - litter is A hips and clear elbows as is our W - litter.
I will let you know when we have a female in heat, and what male she will be bred to if you are interested Kastor.

this takes us back 10 - 11 years ago when there was still the shock and aftermath of 2001

what are your best working lines in Sweden ?

Carmen
CARMSPACK.com

Marhojs Kubik or his military brother
Hello,

I surely want to do a favor for you. But I'm unsure what you are requesting for...
could you put it on email or private msg?
Old 08-22-2012, 12:58 PM   #25 (permalink)
Crowned Member

the request was just to say something of those lines to add to the information bank on foreign dogs that are more obscure , yet very valuable , and should be used

we only hear of the dogs coming from the sch h sport field , yet there are so many others not as advertised or promoted , whether real herding or police or any real work that have so much to offer and may be the balancing that will be needed at some point

we need to see it to get a full picture of the breed

so is teven meaning male or female?

Last edited by carmspack; 08-22-2012 at 01:01 PM.
carmspack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2012, 03:43 PM   #26 (permalink)

Carmspack, I suppose your question was directed to me because I´m from sweden. Yes, whios greve goliat was used quite a lot in his days, as was his father jack v stieglerhof, quite common in the swedish workinglines. I guess it´s hard to say what lines are best, depending on the use I suppose, many different lines also. But as a generalization dogs with much swedish blood for many generations are seldom so hyper and preydriven like some of todays SCH-lines of dogs, breed for different sports and purposes. More the stable type like the dog I posted videos of.

I´m not 100% sure, but I think Idex you spoke of is the policedog you can see in this pedigree, a dog with both greve goliat and Idex, and besides jack stieglerhof there is another german import, arry v schloss zweibruggen, arry and jack is probably the most used importdogs from the 80s you see in the swedish lines(dogs with mostly swedish breed dogs for many generations),
Bruksmarkens Hassel - German Shepherd Dog
björn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2012, 04:04 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmspack View Post
the request was just to say something of those lines to add to the information bank on foreign dogs that are more obscure , yet very valuable , and should be used

we only hear of the dogs coming from the sch h sport field , yet there are so many others not as advertised or promoted , whether real herding or police or any real work that have so much to offer and may be the balancing that will be needed at some point

we need to see it to get a full picture of the breed

so is teven meaning male or female?
teven = female
reu = male
Old 08-23-2012, 07:02 AM   #28 (permalink)
Crowned Member

@Bjorn.....the type dog you reference....steady, solid, working, not hyper or too prey driven, is the same type dog I have referenced on this forum for YEARS. Hard enough to work, safe enough for family, balanced and strong....you see less and less of these dogs in show ring or trial field. THAT'S why I have respect for the breeding philosophy there. Many people think that these dogs are myths, still others think they are no longer available, but they are out there, they just require a commitment to breeding for utility and not show/sport. Bravo for you guys....haven't got caught up in the hype!
cliffson1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2012, 07:49 AM   #29 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffson1 View Post
steady, solid, working, not hyper or too prey driven, is the same type dog I have referenced on this forum for YEARS. Hard enough to work, safe enough for family, balanced and strong....you see less and less of these dogs in show ring or trial field. THAT'S why I have respect for the breeding philosophy there. Many people think that these dogs are myths, still others think they are no longer available, but they are out there, they just require a commitment to breeding for utility and not show/sport.

Cliff - they are here - rare true! But here.....the Bern/Held/Golf...coming down through House Himple dogs specifically....and they are not hyper, prey monsters..but balanced, strong and solid...hard in the work...and super for family...Interesting that Burga was a 2-2 on Bernd Lierburg! And she was reportedly one of the best producing females of her era...

6 geneneration pedigree for SG (1-US) Kyra vom Frolich Haus - German Shepherd Dog

The herding instinct is strong....Kyra, Csabre and now the opportunity to title in HGH with Kira....who is also more than capable of being dual titled in schutzhund....easy to train, ball drive, but real dogs, not prey monsters...

Lee

wolfstraum.net

wolfstraum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2012, 08:51 AM   #30 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffson1 View Post
@Bjorn.....the type dog you reference....steady, solid, working, not hyper or too prey driven, is the same type dog I have referenced on this forum for YEARS. Hard enough to work, safe enough for family, balanced and strong....you see less and less of these dogs in show ring or trial field. THAT'S why I have respect for the breeding philosophy there. Many people think that these dogs are myths, still others think they are no longer available, but they are out there, they just require a commitment to breeding for utility and not show/sport. Bravo for you guys....haven't got caught up in the hype!
I believe I have one of these, but I don't believe he'll score well on the IPO field. He isn't flashy enough. However, I'd take him any day over some of the sport dogs I see in training.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.