Von Giliannes - Belgian breeder. spit some thoughts? - Page 12 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2012, 02:23 PM   #111 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Another kennel using these recognized lines Adler-Stein-Kennels-News, Los-Angeles-German-Shepherds
carmspack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2012, 02:37 PM   #112 (permalink)
Crowned Member

seeing the proud announcement of Vandals dog gettting a TDX , made me think of a comment that Jocoyn made on the Anthony "find it" -- which was "Tracking for highest level competition under pressure probably not.
Having fun, maybe getting a TD or TDX I don't see why not" . Having a record number of dogs with TD's TDX's and Urban tracking dogs , I can tell you it is not easy, much more than having some fun and going out to "get" a TD or TDX . Good nerves required , otherwise the distraction and being out ahead and in the open will fold the dog. Even in schutzhund dogs seem to have difficulty with tracking -- melt downs . So congrats on your TDX - ms Vandal .
carmspack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2012, 02:59 PM   #113 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmspack View Post
seeing the proud announcement of Vandals dog gettting a TDX , made me think of a comment that Jocoyn made on the Anthony "find it" -- which was "Tracking for highest level competition under pressure probably not.
Having fun, maybe getting a TD or TDX I don't see why not" . Having a record number of dogs with TD's TDX's and Urban tracking dogs , I can tell you it is not easy, much more than having some fun and going out to "get" a TD or TDX . Good nerves required , otherwise the distraction and being out ahead and in the open will fold the dog. Even in schutzhund dogs seem to have difficulty with tracking -- melt downs . So congrats on your TDX - ms Vandal .
You know why?

Because most of the time it's the most neglected discipline. Most of the time people focus on obedience and protection, because it's fun. Tracking is something most do not have much passion for.
Those that really have the passion for it, like my trainer back in Germany, she was the national champion in tracking multiple times and she takes any breed, any type of dog and can use tracking to boost the confidence in a dog and put an FH1/2/3 on that dog but that is because she loves tracking. It's her thing.
I used tracking to boost Yukons confidence and he never folded or even recognized what was going on around him and he enjoyed it very much, it was his thing. It was easier for me to make him fold in agility than in tracking. Especially with food tracks (when they are that food driven as Yukon is), they can't do anything wrong and actually go from guidance to independently work it out and that is what boosts their confidence. They do something, they figure it out for themselves, they learn that they are left alone, and concentrate on the food track.

However, in Schutzhund itself, tracking is the one thing that a lot of people just want to avoid. Going out, laying that track, then coming back hours later, teaching the dog to indicate, it just seems to be the one thing that a lot of people don't like to do. So most dogs fold not because they don't have the nerves, it's because they are just not as well trained in tracking as they are in the other two sections. Plus, the limited tracking places and that more and more people don't want you on their land anymore.

At least that is my experience from years of watching.

Last edited by Mrs.K; 09-20-2012 at 03:03 PM.
Mrs.K is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2012, 07:24 PM   #114 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmspack View Post
back to dogs that appear with regularity on very high levels performance dogs -- this one has a good source of Tom Leefdahlhof -- reminded by the FCI results and seeing Imzedrifts Niska placing so well (Swedish kennel)

So this is "Danger" I mean how much better and deeper can a bite get ? von Wolfstraum: Danger schutzhund Working German Shepherd

Imzedrift's is a Swedish kennel -- I love when he states this "Imzedrift´s is well known for breeding healthy and mentally very stable dogs – factors which are critical in this type of dogs." My priority - extremely important - the more power the more the necessity for mentally stable dogs - which are sociable and safe . Hanhundar/Males
Imzedrift's Niska - German Shepherd Dog
Thanks Carmen, Danger is an awesome awesome dog! His co-owner's first passion was SAR, so he never got past Sch1...but he has no Tom Leefdalhof...his sire was one of the last sons of Orry v Haus Antverpa....my other litters from his dam were by Tom sons, and Zender Lusondai...and interestingly, Imzedrift ended up with Q v haus Shiho, Danger's sire.

Lee

wolfstraum is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2012, 08:23 AM   #115 (permalink)

I dont know where too look for but i was told that one of the males of this letter went to Canada...?

Anyone know where to ?
Arkangel_BE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 02:19 AM   #116 (permalink)

arkangel, i know where this puppy is you speak of... on vancouver island, with a relative new person to the sport. i have not seen it but a friend has and said it shows very nice potential. as i always say, tell me when its a year plus then ill take a look
i have been interested in using fado gillianes in the past, not a flashy dog but you can see the power in him
tttop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.