(Sire)American Shepherd? - Page 14 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2012, 02:19 PM   #131 (permalink)
Crowned Member

"American Bullies" are Pit Bull mixed with English Bulldog and some kind of Mastiff. "Scatterbred" refers to mixing dogs of different lines within the breed; you could say it is the opposite of "linebred".

Some people insist that American Bullies are purebred Pit Bulls bred for a certain look, and while it may so say on paper, we know that papers are easily faked.
Freestep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2012, 03:22 PM   #132 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I remember some years ago someone else, an old pitbull breeder, came to the forum with similar ideas about breeding and weird concepts of how genes works that have nothing to do with real genetic. Then I had an "interesting" chat with a pitbull breeder recently.

No wonder why a breed that used to be a family dog is were it is in the world today
Catu's Pack
Catu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2012, 04:49 PM   #133 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by therawlife1 View Post
This is a great post, i actually have a male pup that is off your dogs sire littermate sister..

I see that people are congratulating you on your work with him and others giving tough criticism.. Wouldnt say anyone's hating. Me personally, i say breed him if you want.. But buy a female of good quality, that will add in 50% of great traits.. So what if people arent feeling your **** at first.. Take the pups that has your desired look and keep, and spay/neuter others and place in pet homes. Then breed females off that to males of very good quality and so on and so on. And start getting all your **** ofa(other requirements for breed aswell). This will be a 10+ years time period of breeding and showing but progress is lengthy, it doesn't come over night.
I've been breeding american bullies for around 10 years now and i started from the bottom and worked my way up to the top, one thing that i learned is it doesnt matter what you start out with, only what you end with!! Bad genes can be bred out, and you can say you made this all from your boy. Its better to look back and see what all you created from the hard work you put in rather than looking back and seeing all the hard work others put in that you only paid for.
This is, by far, the best BYB advice on breeding that I have ever heard. Please tell me you were just kidding.

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/1275860

Failure *is* success, if you learn from it.
PatchonGSD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.