Opinions please? - Page 3 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2012, 09:41 AM   #21 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Exactly Christine, If you have to use knees, feet, and putting the leg in postion to have a stance, then you are deceiving the viewer in my opinion.
This is a nice breeding, in general, but like with all strong breedings, the selection of the breeder(for the puppy), is probably the best route to getting what best meets your particular situation, JMO
cliffson1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2012, 10:49 AM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robk View Post
I hope you are looking for a tough high drive dog that may have a very hard temperment. If this is what you want go for it. Great working lines IMO. Be prepared to put some WORK into training. I say this because the dog will DEMAND it from you. This is not a pet line by any stretch of the imagination. I would buy a pup from this breeding in a heart beat if I was in the market and was offered the opportunitiy. Good luck!

I do want a great family pet first and foremost. I am alittle hesitant now because I do not want a dog that will be too much to handle. There will be a good amount of protection work and obediance training but like I said, I want a pet that I can really enjoy. We have many dogs in our area and many parks within walking distances, and I know exercise is key in making sure a dog doesnt develop bad habits and is stress free.
silversurfer1022 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2012, 10:58 AM   #23 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversurfer1022 View Post
I do want a great family pet first and foremost. I am alittle hesitant now because I do not want a dog that will be too much to handle.
How much experience do you have raising and training dogs? I wouldn't recommend a working line GSD for a beginner, but if you've got some experience with dogs, you'll find a GSD isn't too hard to train. Even if they have a lot of drive and energy, they tend to posess an innate desire to please the person they are bonded to.

In every litter, there's a spectrum of temperament--the wild and crazy puppy, the soft and sweet puppy, and everything in between. The breeder should be able to pick the right pup for you based on your experience and needs. If you are willing to put the training in, you should end up with a great companion dog.
Freestep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2012, 11:14 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freestep View Post
How much experience do you have raising and training dogs? I wouldn't recommend a working line GSD for a beginner, but if you've got some experience with dogs, you'll find a GSD isn't too hard to train. Even if they have a lot of drive and energy, they tend to posess an innate desire to please the person they are bonded to.

In every litter, there's a spectrum of temperament--the wild and crazy puppy, the soft and sweet puppy, and everything in between. The breeder should be able to pick the right pup for you based on your experience and needs. If you are willing to put the training in, you should end up with a great companion dog.

My family has only owned German shepherds and this will be my third dog. It is their desire to please that we have learned to love and apreciate. Over all I am very familar with the breed
silversurfer1022 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2012, 11:37 AM   #25 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversurfer1022 View Post
My family has only owned German shepherds and this will be my third dog. It is their desire to please that we have learned to love and apreciate. Over all I am very familar with the breed
You shouldn't have any problem, then. Expect drive and energy to be a bit higher than what you're probably used to, but the desire to please should be the same. Are you wanting a male or female? Others may disagree, but I find that females are a bit easier than males. Then again I've had more females than males, so I may be biased.
Freestep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2012, 11:41 AM   #26 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Silver...before you start to *doubt* your decision based on opinions of others.....talk to the breeder.
This breeder has a good, solid reputation (from what I've heard)....and the very last thing they would want IMO)....is to place a puppy with the "wrong" home environment.
Puppies drives and temperaments vary in each litter........let the "experienced breeder" decide, IF a puppy fits your requirements and life style.

Strong working characteristics, combined with confidence are not "minuses" on a checklist......they are a plus (+). JMO
robinhuerta is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2012, 12:18 AM   #27 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Yes Silver surfer....I have bred working lines and many of my pups go to first home buyers....probably more than any other group......don't disqualify a breeder because they breed WL and you assume they will be too much dog. Good working line breeder produce dogs with good nerve and stable temperament that will adjust to family environment....Truehaus is good breeder.
cliffson1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2013, 02:04 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freestep View Post
FWIW, I don't see any "curved backs" in those dogs.

May I suggest a free eye exam.
GSD13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.