Thoughts on this line-breeding - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2012, 12:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
Master Member

Default Thoughts on this line-breeding

3,5 - 4,5......................................... in Cordon An-Sat
4 - 5............................................. in SG TERI SNB CS
4 - 5............................................. in V Car pod Molnosskou banou 5JKX5

Interested to hear what the thoughts of how heavy this line-breeding is?

thnx
"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older and more complete than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear."
4TheDawgies is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2012, 12:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Master Member

Send a message via Yahoo to VonKromeHaus

I personally think it is a bit heavy for my taste. BUT depending on the dogs and previous litters etc. I would make a judgment on a puppy by that, not neccessarily the line breeding.
VonKromeHaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2012, 05:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonKromeHaus View Post
I personally think it is a bit heavy for my taste. BUT depending on the dogs and previous litters etc. I would make a judgment on a puppy by that, not neccessarily the line breeding.
I already know what they have and can potentially produce, I'm simply curious on thoughts of such a close line-breeding.
"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older and more complete than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear."
Old 02-22-2012, 05:22 PM   #4 (permalink)

IMO I feel that 3,5 - 4,5......................................... in Cordon An-Sat is a bit to much, not sure Cordon's genetic's is strong enough to do this type of breeding
Faust Cierna Vdova ZVV1, BH
NarysDad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2012, 01:50 AM   #5 (permalink)
Master Member

Would you say its a bit much in general terms like with any dog? or do you feel that Cordon An-Sat himself is not a strong enough dog genetically in health and production to do such a close line-breeding on him?
Old 02-23-2012, 08:20 AM   #6 (permalink)
Crowned Member

From a linebreeding perspective, it looks very normal to many many many showline pedigrees(both American and German), so it must be Okay, right?
Cordon is a very nice dog, so it sounds to me like a "winning" recipe.
cliffson1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2012, 12:02 PM   #7 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4TheDawgies View Post
I already know what they have and can potentially produce, I'm simply curious on thoughts of such a close line-breeding.
If you already know the answer... why ask the question? Do you mean, "what do you think of such a close linebreeding on any dog?"

BlackthornGSD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2012, 07:24 PM   #8 (permalink)
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffson1 View Post
From a linebreeding perspective, it looks very normal to many many many showline pedigrees(both American and German), so it must be Okay, right?
Cordon is a very nice dog, so it sounds to me like a "winning" recipe.
Is that sarcasm or a genuine comment?

I know Cordon was a very nice dog, but seeing a line-breeding that heavy scares me a little. Wanted to know what others experience are in any other dogs line-bred that heavily. Even if anyone has a dog of their own, or one they've met with line-breeding that heavily, not necessarily on the same dog and what the outcomes were both good and bad.
I already have some professional opinions but I wanted to throw this out there and see if anyone had anything else for input.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackthornGSD View Post
If you already know the answer... why ask the question? Do you mean, "what do you think of such a close linebreeding on any dog?"
Yes that's exactly what I meant Christine!
Old 02-23-2012, 08:55 PM   #9 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4TheDawgies View Post
Is that sarcasm or a genuine comment?

I know Cordon was a very nice dog, but seeing a line-breeding that heavy scares me a little. Wanted to know what others experience are in any other dogs line-bred that heavily. Even if anyone has a dog of their own, or one they've met with line-breeding that heavily, not necessarily on the same dog and what the outcomes were both good and bad.
I already have some professional opinions but I wanted to throw this out there and see if anyone had anything else for input.

Yes that's exactly what I meant Christine!
Many dogs do quite well with linebreeding that close or closer--most, even, are just fine as far as health or temperament; some are excellent--either because of or despite the linebreeding. Of course, many of the most serious "problems" from really tight in/linebreeding may never be born or not survive much past birth or may just be resorbed in the womb.

I think that there should be a reason *for* a linebreeding, not just "oh, this is pair of dogs I own, so I'll put them together and make puppies." The linebreeding should help achieve some goal and the breeder should be able to tell you what it is.

BlackthornGSD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2012, 11:10 PM   #10 (permalink)
Crowned Member

What about Cordon scares you? What negative recessives does he possess that would give you concern?? Do the bloodlines of both American and German showlines concern you because they are much more saturated in linebreeding than what you posted......I'm trying to understand the logic of your inquiry.
cliffson1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.