UK workinglines? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2012, 05:55 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default UK workinglines?

Do anyone know if there are UK-lines of GSDs that are good workers, or are they all show GSD? There is some english dogs in the pedigree of a breedingbitch that expects a breeding, do anyone know what type of dogs these are? The dog in question is named barbridge equaliser, you find him in the third generation on the fathers side of the bitch in question,
Winonas Cora - German Shepherd Dog

All I know is that this dog was a guarddog for the RAF, so I guess he could have some good qualities even if he comes from a showline. Not that it bothers me if there is a little enghlish showblood in there, just curious what type of dogs these are, I suppose the english dogs have german ones further back, but as you see the pedigree is not complete.
björn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2012, 12:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
Crowned Member

could I draw your attention to the dogs very poor pigment -- nose is red , nails are white , minimal black , lots of bright spots , as does the "progeny" shown -- bright being where colour is white - tip of tail is red , recognized as poor pigment .
They have made some use of Swedish dogs (Silverpilens).

Have a look at Margaret Nyrvana Jones, familiar to me ,
Nyrvana German Shepherd Dogs and this video of her and one of her lovely dogs

You may ask around for David Wooles of Woolshan german shepherds, a former police officer that bred german shepherds in Essex . I have lost contact with him - .
there was Stuart Nye who owned Xatoh vom haus Sevens, who it appears has his son Thomas taking over with his own working kennel GSD League Working Branch - Articles
this appears to be the union for working dogs in United Kingdom , surely you can find something to suit you from these breeders GSD League Working Branch - Links
Mayanser Working German Shepherd Dogs UK | Schutzhund | Working Dogs

Carmen
Carmspack Working German Shepherd Dogs

Last edited by carmspack; 02-16-2012 at 12:09 PM.
carmspack is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2012, 01:39 PM   #3 (permalink)

The bitch is from a swedish kennel, so most dogs are swedish except that UK part of the pedigree. I´m not intressted in UK breeders with workinglines due to the fact I´m from sweden if that was not clear.

Does the lack of pigmentation matter if the dog is sound in mind and body? I never seen a GSD with some UK-dogs in the pedigree before, at least not here, but I guess it´s less important when the influence is small and far back in the pedigree.

She is having a repetead litter with this male, I know/heard the fatherline of this dog have many strong dogs,
Atenagården Ecko - German Shepherd Dog
Old 02-16-2012, 02:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I think the male that Jimmy Honda was very successful with; was imported from the UK, through Frans Slaman. Maybe somebody on here remeber the kennel. Great working dog.
cliffson1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2012, 04:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Bjorn , wasn't sure , Britain is pretty cosmopolitan . Love that Atenarden Ecko. The female not so much .

You want working dogs in Sweden ? then you must say hello to my friend Mona Wiehen of Brigadens http://www.brigadens.se/

here is some
Things are looking great.
3 dogs from the by now "famous" W-litter has done the temperament test "Korning", (like the policedog temperament test, You know where the average score are around 170p out of 300 for a male).
They scored HIGH!!!
One male got 290p
One female got 270p
One female got 235p
The average score of 6 tested individuals in this litter is 250,66p / 300. We have never seen anything like this.
This is really an extraordinary litter, and the best of all is that they are extremely healthy and all hips x-rayed A and free elbows.
Our breeding plans for this winter :
November 2002 Brigadens Waktah HD A / AD Ua, Hkl. Sph Korning 270p, will be bred in november to Atenagårdens Tabo HD A / AD Ua, AK kkl1, BHP3, IPO3,SCHH3, Korning 250p, goldmedalist WUSV 2000 in the Swedish team. Has 2 offsprings at this years WUSV .
January 2003 Brigadens Wildah HD A /AD Ua Tjh, L-test 237p, will probably be bred to Marhöjs Kastor HD A / AD Ua, Military Police dog.
We have sent an application for a breeding with Kastor bur has not yet got an confirmation.
He is owned by the State / gov, and it´s not easy to get a permission to breed to him.
Hopefully we will get an answer in the next month or so.

an idea of what she was breeding and the results.

carmspack is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2012, 03:20 PM   #6 (permalink)

Yes, I know about that kennel, finding good GSDs breeders is not that hard here. But I thought this particular combination was intressting because the lines are not that common which is good I think, especially the dogs in the bitch pedigree that is mainly a mix of older swedish lines with plenty of policedogs/servicedogs. The father of this bitch which have the ties to the english lines was a nice PSD as well as competitiondog in the swedish workingdog program, enormous will to work and also a very healthy dog according to the owner, many of his closest anncestors was also servicedogs in the police or military.

So personally I´m not s concerned about the english lines he has a little of, I´ve seen some of his progeny myself and they looked pretty good, a daughter of him doing some SCH and a son in a form of mentaltest we have in sweden, seems like nice dogs,
Old 02-21-2012, 08:37 AM   #7 (permalink)
Elite Member

[QUOTE=carmspack;2401871]c
Nyrvana German Shepherd Dogs and this video of her and one of her lovely dogs

Love how happy the dog is in that video! Beauty in motion too

Waiting at the Bridge
Eli GSD
Chopper APBT
Raphael GSD

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/1007494

http://www.pedigreedatabase.com/gsd/...ee/610245.html
Debbieg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2012, 04:33 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmspack View Post
could I draw your attention to the dogs very poor pigment -- nose is red , nails are white , minimal black , lots of bright spots , as does the "progeny" shown -- bright being where colour is white - tip of tail is red , recognized as poor pigment .
They have made some use of Swedish dogs (Silverpilens).

Nyrvana German Shepherd Dogs and this video of her and one of her lovely dogs DamianOB01.flv - YouTube

You may ask around for David Wooles of Woolshan german shepherds, a former police officer that bred german shepherds in Essex . I have lost contact with him - .
there was Stuart Nye who owned Xatoh vom haus Sevens, who it appears has his son Thomas taking over with his own working kennel GSD League Working Branch - Articles
this appears to be the union for working dogs in United Kingdom , surely you can find something to suit you from these breeders GSD League Working Branch - Links
Mayanser Working German Shepherd Dogs UK | Schutzhund | Working Dogs

Carmen
Carmspack Working German Shepherd Dogs

My working line boy is a Nyrvana, and I couldn't be happier with him Fantastic temperament, great work ethic, healthy and gorgeous to boot
Questforfire is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2012, 08:40 PM   #9 (permalink)

I have been watching this trainer for a while. He has some nice dogs and some nice pedigrees behind them.
Vislor Dog Training Centre

www.coppercreekdvg.com- All Breed Schutzhund Club

Home of Umarek von Hugelblick, my good luck charm!
bocron is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.