What does "bred from mink line" tells me about my dog's genetics? - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2013, 11:15 AM   #11 (permalink)
Crowned Member

cheerful - no

Carmspack
carmspack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2013, 11:46 AM   #12 (permalink)
Crowned Member

ewww - too late to add to the above -
this would be a better example of what makes a line - using Mink Jenny vom haus Ming

haus Ming liked to use Mink - is Greif Lahntal - so if you start adding Sagus Busecker Schloss through Tiekerhook , or Leerburg's combination of Mink to Sagus in the mother line as here USA Otis vom Jacobiner Schloß -- one generation forward as here Fendi vom Leerburg
then it becomes a line - Sagus

one Belgian breeding was 2 - 2 on the sire and the dam had Mink in the 3 rd .

I had looked at Lewis Malatesta myself to add into a particular line -

Carmspack
carmspack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2013, 02:29 PM   #13 (permalink)
Elite Member

Original OP here - wow I started this thread a long long time ago

So what would be minimally sufficient to consider dog x to be linebred to dog y? Is it 3-4, 5-5, or in this example 4-3,3? I don't think many do closer than 2-2 and for that matter 2-2 is not something I've seen a lot (but I could be wrong about ALL of the above)...

I look at the thread and think, yea one occurrence of Mink in the pedigree doesn't mean much so I know better now, but I am curious what is the furthest back you generally look at when looking for a dog bred from x line and such.

Again, what I said above could be self-explanatory, but humor me considering that I know next to nothing
ayoitzrimz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2013, 02:46 PM   #14 (permalink)
Zombie Queen Moderator

or if a dog is not line bred but its sire or dam is, is that considered any thing?

My dog's sire is 5,5,5-5 in one dog. Would that dog be considered to have any signficant influence on the outcome of my puppy or not? My own dog is not considered to have any linebreeding.

I am not asking a specific question relative to my dog but a general one to supplement ayoitrzrimz' question. Because it seems I see a lot of WL dogs where parents are linebred to one dog, the offspring is not, then offspring with no linebreeding (at least for 5 generations) are bred and produce a next generation with new linebreeding. It almost seems to be a dance.

Beau -NAPWDA Certified Cadaver Dog
Waiting at the Bridge (italics=GSDs) (hemangiosarcoma=blue):Grim , Cyra, Toby, Rainbow, Linus, Oscar, Arlo & Waggles
jocoyn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2013, 03:20 PM   #15 (permalink)
Crowned Member

the dog is not linebred because the top [the father or sire] has no dogs in common with the bottom (mother or dam) - the topside is ???? Pet lines probably, maybe some ASL and at least one dog in 5 or 6 is German showlines...

The bottom has Mink twice I think - once through Lewis, once through Crok...also Nick H., and then Brawson for the Czech lines...

It is such an open pedigree, it is just a shot in the dark to try to predict anything

Lee
Csabre Sch1, Hexe Sch2, SG Bengal, Komet, Kira HGH & Kougar v Wolfstraum ~ Ziberia BH ~ ATB Basha Sch3 IPO3, Danger Sch1 RH SAR ~ Kougar Sch3, Kyra Sch3, Cito Sch2, Alice Sch1, Kelsey CD, Ret ~ Fenja Sch3s

wolfstraum.net
wolfstraum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.