Nakita Vom Pedigree - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2011, 05:07 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Nakita Vom Pedigree

I am trying to research my females lines and was wondering if I could get some help. She has some Dutch lines, maybe some french (not sure, i cant quite tell) and was told that mixing Dutch in the lines would make for non-consitent temperments in her puppies and that no one would look at her and want a pup out of her.
She however, belonged to a friend that bred her twice and I am able to watch about 5 puppies grow up and get a feel for how they are and see their personalities and traits.
I just really want help better understanding her lines and the dogs in them and whats desireable and whats not.
I am considering breeding her in a few years, I have a few people wanting a pup out of her but Im in no rush.

Im working on getting both my GSD's titled in obedience and started my other GSD in tracking.

Thanks in advance
Jess04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2011, 05:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess04 View Post
I am trying to research my females lines and was wondering if I could get some help. She has some Dutch lines, maybe some french (not sure, i cant quite tell) and was told that mixing Dutch in the lines would make for non-consitent temperments in her puppies and that no one would look at her and want a pup out of her.
She however, belonged to a friend that bred her twice and I am able to watch about 5 puppies grow up and get a feel for how they are and see their personalities and traits.
I just really want help better understanding her lines and the dogs in them and whats desireable and whats not.
I am considering breeding her in a few years, I have a few people wanting a pup out of her but Im in no rush.

Im working on getting both my GSD's titled in obedience and started my other GSD in tracking.

Thanks in advance
What is her pedigree?

BlackthornGSD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2011, 05:46 PM   #3 (permalink)

Her pedigree is.

Nakita vom - German shepherd dog
Old 02-07-2011, 06:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
Elite Member

She's been bred twice already? She was born in August 2008? Ugh.

Well, she has a pedigree full of very nice dogs. Although, it's a bit of a jumble, in some ways--West German on the top (Jabina Lewis is Danish but out of two top West German working dogs). Dam side has some top WGr working dogs and the bottom (dam's dam) is Belgian and Dutch--although there's only two Dutch dogs in the first 6 generations.

There is no negative influence from the Dutch dogs in her pedigree. Those are good bloodlines.

Closer in, the first 3 generations show fewer titles--were these dogs worked?

If you choose to breed her again, I'd recommend avoiding adding any more Fero (since she is linebred on a Fero son).

Does she have hip/elbow xrays? In the picture on the pdb site, her shoulder looks odd--like there's very little muscle in her upper arm--is that just a funny effect of the picture?

BlackthornGSD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2011, 08:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Some very nice dogs in the pedigree in general. Females come from strong lines in general. Haven't studied enough to make educated guess as to what was trying to be acheived if anything. But the pedigree does have nice dogs in it.
cliffson1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2011, 10:25 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackthornGSD View Post
She's been bred twice already? She was born in August 2008? Ugh.

Well, she has a pedigree full of very nice dogs. Although, it's a bit of a jumble, in some ways--West German on the top (Jabina Lewis is Danish but out of two top West German working dogs). Dam side has some top WGr working dogs and the bottom (dam's dam) is Belgian and Dutch--although there's only two Dutch dogs in the first 6 generations.

There is no negative influence from the Dutch dogs in her pedigree. Those are good bloodlines.

Closer in, the first 3 generations show fewer titles--were these dogs worked?

If you choose to breed her again, I'd recommend avoiding adding any more Fero (since she is linebred on a Fero son).

Does she have hip/elbow xrays? In the picture on the pdb site, her shoulder looks odd--like there's very little muscle in her upper arm--is that just a funny effect of the picture?

Yes the previous owner bred her last spring to her male GSD it was her last chance since he was 11 and then bred her again to his son in the fall. I was pretty upset with her for breeding her back to back.

She most likely had very little muscle. The previous owner kept her in a kennel most of the time so she would put weight on. That and she only fed her Nutro puppy food which Nakita didnt like.

No I dont believe they were worked, I cant find anything on those dogs.

I do have a friend that went over the pedigree and said that
Nakita's pedigree on the Dam's side looks like someone has played around with the information and that Dogs in Germany don't have OFA certifications - they receive an A stamp.

Also she said "Nakita's Dam is very european type (visually) Looking at her pedigree she is like a Holland dog. KNPV dogs are not purebred - they are bred with other breds to make them work (nothing wrong with it- but they are not typically AKC registery unless someone played with the papers) majority or all of them I know of that are papered legit are UKC registry (still fine).
Nakita is a mix of German blood and Austria/Holland. Extreme differences in breeding standards. So with this mix you can get inconsistancy in the litter. Typically you breed for a reason."

As for the elbows and hips we are still waiting to hear back on them.
Old 02-08-2011, 12:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
Master Member

Jess, in regards to your comment about OFA/a-stamp. The dogs in the bottom half who show an OFA result all have AKC reg. numbers, except for Bastin, who has his SV number listed. Of course Bastin was in the US, so perhaps Gary redid his x-rays with OFA. It would not seem to me that someone "played around" with this information.

Art
Kennel von der Zahnburg
Zahnburg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2011, 01:41 PM   #8 (permalink)

Thanks Art -

That is very helpful to me. I see what youre talking about.

Jess
Old 09-27-2011, 08:15 PM   #9 (permalink)

just thought id update you guys and let you know i decided not to breed her.

Torque aka Cross L'Ombre de la Parfaite GSD - CGC
Nakita Vom GSD
Zuri aka Uzuri vom Gieske GSD
Old 09-27-2011, 09:48 PM   #10 (permalink)
Knighted Member

I have a dog who's parents both came from Holland. Has KNPV titles on top and bottom of the pedigree and no non german shepherds in there.
robk is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.