German Shepherds Forum banner

Insights Welcome

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  RavensMom 
#1 ·
We are excited to be welcoming a new pup this weekend. I've had numerous conversations with her breeder about what she hopes that the sire & dam will each bring to this litter, her breeding goals/philosophy, her knowledge of the sire & dam (both are handler owner trained), etc.

Here are the breeder's comments about my pup & each of the parents pedigrees:

Pup Comments [We are hoping to train the pup for Agility and possibly Schutzhund.]
We have made your puppy selection. I’m feeling very good about the placements. I just had your little girl out again to retest to be sure. She is active, loves people, outgoing, bold(not too bold), playful, but not over the top. She should be a fun pup for you and your son.

Sire -
Kanas Kenei van den Heuvel pedigree information - German shepherd dog

Dam -
Usa von Erzengel pedigree information - German shepherd dog

Knowing that a dog's potential is based on both their genetics and their environment/training, I am hoping that some on this forum will be willing to share their insights as to general bloodline tendencies to keep in mind as she grows and develops

For what its worth, I trust my breeder's comments & knowledge implicitly, but I am also the type that believes that the more that I know, the more perspectives that I gain, the better that I can bring out our pup's potential.

See less See more
#2 ·
I will give a brief analysis of what i see.
father...Kanas...is a son of Norbo Ben -ju. Norbo was a great performing and producing dog from the Czech Republic.I think he was a six time competitor in WUSV and FCI world championships. He is the product of the magical Car/Titus cross. Car, his father was a great producer of working dogs, when bred to Chuna, who is a Titus z PS daughter, the combination produced some really really nice dogs for working. Titus was a magnificient all Black stud in Slovakia know for producing good hips, strong temperament and good conformation. He goes back to Held v Ritterberg through Bero.
Kanas's mother, Exa is a dog I am quite familar as I owned an Exa daughter from Ven Den Heuvel. Exa is out of Xero z PS, a dog known for strong active aggression and good nerve strength. He is more typical of the Border Patrol dogs of old but you must breed wisely with him in regards to hips. Xero is out of Grim z PS, a multi time World competitor and a producer of sport type dogs with nice prey drive but strong fight drive. Exa's mother, Figa is out of the F litter Cega. This litter had 4 dogs that were Sch titled and Ko'ered. Strong breeding...as Figa is out of Barinja Cega. Barinja is a member of a litter that had SIX dogs that were titled to Sch 3 with good hips and three of these littermates were National competitors.
Usa, the mother of the pup is linebred 3-3 on Don vh Iris. Don's father, Alf vom Kornersee was a great producing DDR dog known for producing nerve and fight drive. You also can get handler hardness through Alf.
Usa's father Pygar is a DDR/Czech dog. His father side goes through Don and his mother side goes back to z Pohraninci Straze dogs through Gina to Chuligan. Chuligan was an all black big headed dog with excellent structure. Gina get very strong temperament genes from her mother, Axa.
Quintessa, who is Usa's mother is combination of west working and DDR. Top side goes through Dusty(a nice dog) to Don v h Iris. the mother side of Quintessa, Picolino, is from very strong West lines known for Active aggression. Picolino;s father is Datsy vom Gries, who is known for producing top sport dogs with an edge. Can be some hectiness through Datsy but basically good nerve strength. the mother side of Picolino goes to the Korbelbach line which is known for being very strong with good active aggression. Can be a handler hard producer sometimes.
Remember, these are generalizations of these lines and of course your pup is pretty much an outcross but should have very nice working qualities.

#3 ·
Cliffson,

First of all - Thanks so much for your reply & your generosity in sharing your knowledge. I feel like a preschool tot next to someone with a hard earned PHD.

I understand that your analysis is a general one of the lines, but is still quite helpful and I truly appreciate your willingness to take the time to write it. :thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.