Calling All Pedigree Experts... - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2010, 11:46 AM   #11 (permalink)
Crowned Member

If your dog's pedigree is the same as Foose, then I like the pedigree a lot. The Kuhnhof dogs were from the breeder Joseph Kuhns who imported and bred some of the Best DDR(East German)dogs, when the curtain first went down. Some of the dogs in this pedigree going back to Addi, Gomo, Held v Ritterberg, are very very nice dogs. Agar was owned by Nancy Sutton of Westwood kennel and was an example of the old Czech border patrol dogs. These dogs should have good strong nerve, possibly a little reactive, excellent family dogs, and very much like the GS of the 60's in type and structure. Joseph Kuhns hass passed on and he had a brother, Adam who also had DDR dogs but I don't know if he is still breeding.
cliffson1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2010, 12:25 PM   #12 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I believe that Joe Kuhn had Haus Kuhn and Adam had Kuhnhoff kennels, perhaps? I wish I could remember the Joe stories I heard as they were good ones.

Josh, your dog shares several kin in the pedigree with my Samba girl. She carries Addi Toteneichen also. They share Elona Kuhnhoff through Brix Laimbachtal. Your fellow also carries a line with Lacy Kunhoff where Samba has her sister, Linda Kuhnhoff.

As I look at my girl's pedigree and see these dogs up close in there, I cringe at her age. As Cliff relays.... good nerve, a bit reactive, a most excellent companion and very devoted family dog. I hope you have something of these traits in your dog also!

Mine exhibits very good innate tracking and also herding skills. If you look for things to do with your dog, you might check those activities out!
Samba is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2010, 06:14 PM   #13 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Samba,
I think you are right about the differences in the brothers kennel names. Thanks!!
Old 07-10-2010, 01:58 AM   #14 (permalink)

Hello, Josh -

I am in the process of trying to figure out exactly what I am looking for, and which breeder to go with. I was looking at photos of your dog, Cody, and he is beautiful! Do you mind telling me where you got him, so I can research that breeder?

Thank you!
Cyrak6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2010, 03:30 PM   #15 (permalink)
Elite Member

hi all, been busy, so sorry for the delay replying!

Cliffson1 and Samba - Thanks for the valuable input. I find it amazing how much you guys know about all these breeders and generations of GSD's.

Cody has made an excellent companion. good temperment and boy does he TRACK! as of now we're still working through basic obediance. he is only 8 months. he passed his puppy class, and then i took a break so our weekends wouldn't be tied up all summer. instead we've been doing lots of camping, hiking and swimming with the dogs. come fall, he's going back for basic obediance and then onto advanced. afterward i was looking at either agility or tracking for him. in the meantime we are of course pounding in all the basic commands, slowly adding distractions etc...

Cyrak6- the breeder was Sally Batha. her e-mail is sallybatha@yahoo.com. She's located in Sterling Il, and I think I saw her Facebook page mention another litter... thanks for the compliment!

CODY - Sable GSD Born 11/15/09
MANDI - GSD/Husky/Lab Mix Born 6/3/06
chicagojosh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2010, 04:07 PM   #16 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffson1 View Post
Joseph Kuhns hass passed on and he had a brother, Adam who also had DDR dogs but I don't know if he is still breeding.
Adam Kuhn is Haus Kuhn and he is still breeding. The kennel is around the corner from me - one minute away. Looks like he has quite a few dogs. I haven't been in there but I see them from the road.

SG1 Wisp von Schneiden Fels CA CGC TC HIC aka "Riva"
VP1 Chase vom Mittelwest II
Cooper, Rio, Piper, Kayto & Flirt
agilegsds is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2010, 07:27 PM   #17 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I remember Adam had Rex v haus Iris, a bi-color stud. Very very nice looking dog.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:41 PM   #18 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Rex

Masculine looks.
Samba is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2010, 11:10 AM   #19 (permalink)

Cliff's right Joe has passed away and his brother Took over for his dogs. Joe's kennel was Kuhnhoff. I haven't heard much from Adam for a few year though
Faust Cierna Vdova ZVV1, BH
NarysDad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2011, 10:18 PM   #20 (permalink)

adam is in woodstock and still breeding. i have a 9 month old black and tan male and a 5 yr old import black female of his. he is a great guy. sad to say i never met his brother but adam is very knowledgeable when it comes to shepherds. you guys should stop by him, he'd be happy to see you i am sure !!!
todd hansen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.