German Shepherds Forum banner

Pink papers, now what

8K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Smithie86 
#1 ·
My pink papers (SV) arrived today exactly 5 weeks after my puppy. They seems to be in order. How do I register with the AKC? Any other options?
Thanks,
Paul
Balko von der Knapphohe

#4 ·
Lots of reasons. The AKC is the FCI recognized registry in the USA. I may import a pup next year depending on what breedings are available and I will most definitely register through AKC.

#3 ·
Go to AKC's web site, print the application for registration for foreign born dog. Copy the pink papers. Take 2 photos - front view and side view. Send all to AKC with check for $75 (I think - was that last dog I imported)

AKC is the ONLY FCI registry in the US - just like the State DOT - there is no other game in town for registry. If you do USA, you can also USA register the dog if you are planning on doing show rating/koer.

Congratulations and good luck!

Lee

#6 ·
the pup should be in your name on the SV papers, and you need the Beschieningin (SP??) too.............sorry - thought I had put that in there.........if you did not get that - you need to contact the SV - there is someone that speaks good English who handles these - Sabine - I think is her name...

Lee

#8 ·
Paul,

Clarification on the above.

1. Copy the pink papers and ensure that they are in your name.
2. You should have a Besch. that has the puppy in your name. Make a copy as well. If you do not have, contact Sabine Lieb at the SV. She can scan them as a PDF and email to you. AKC will take that.
3. Cost has always been $50 for foreign registration with AKC.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.