Pohranicni Straze? - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2009, 05:57 PM   #11 (permalink)

Default Re: Pohranicni Straze?

I have a male also who is PS his father is a police k9 here in US his grandfather is Titus PS. His pedigree is all PS 90% +

his pedigree is
http://www.pedigreedatabase.com/gsd/...ee/565453.html
BlkCzechGSD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2009, 07:22 PM   #12 (permalink)

does anyone else have this line here?
Old 07-09-2009, 07:44 PM   #13 (permalink)

Masi 's grandfather on dam's side is Galant. Her 'mom' was imported from slovakia and 'dad' is ddr/czech.

She is definately alot like Patti describes in previous post, altho she really isn't openly social, very aloof with most, always 'watching', and her batteries very rarely die out )..She's a strong dog, willing to try anything, but definately hasnt matured out yet, (only 14mths), smart as a whip, I could go on and on,,she's a wonderful girl, can't wait to see how she'll mature out. )

Her ped
http://www.pedigreedatabase.com/gsd/...ee/551900.html

Danger Danger vom Kleinen Hain aka Masi
"Angel" Jakoda's Bewitchen Sami CD OA OAJ OAC NGC OJC RS-O GS-N JS-O TT HIC CGC
"Angel" Steinwald's Four x Four CGC HIC TT
Harmonyhill's Hy Jynx NA NAJ NAC NJC RS-N JS-N HIC
"Angel" Jakoda's Jagged Edge
JakodaCD OA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2009, 07:58 PM   #14 (permalink)

Thats cute they are very smart my boy is aloof too he isnt open to everyone he likes females more than men too. Hes kinda reserved to my husband. Guess hes a mommas boy lol. Had to add I love her sabling shes gorgeous!!
Old 07-09-2009, 08:02 PM   #15 (permalink)
Zombie Queen Moderator

I have a Grim z PS grandson. He has filled out a lot since the picture

http://www.pedigreedatabase.com/gsd/...ee/460211.html

Beau -NAPWDA Certified Cadaver Dog
Waiting at the Bridge (italics=GSDs) (hemangiosarcoma=blue):Grim , Cyra, Toby, Rainbow, Linus, Oscar, Arlo & Waggles
jocoyn is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2009, 08:07 PM   #16 (permalink)

Wow he is pretty too Im a sucker for the dark sables...
Old 07-10-2009, 09:25 AM   #17 (permalink)
Master Member

I've got Grim on dad's side, and Titus and Biba on mom's. Although my pup is only a week shy of 5 months, he's got attitude! I've not yet seen him in a situation when he wasn't going forward to meet it.

He's a natural tracker, and never runs out of gas. The director of our Schutzhund club told me that once in their life, everyone should have a dog that's a natural, so so far, so good.

He's also very good with people, was very easy to socialize, and seems to really be a balanced dog. He's food and ball crazy too!
Freddy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2009, 10:10 AM   #18 (permalink)

One of the earlier posters hit the nail on the head as far as giving a description of the Grim lines. My experience has also been that they mature very slowly, and do love to work. If you are lucky enough to have good people to work with, and they help you from being too overly anxious to push training, I would think your quite lucky. Because the dogs enjoy the training, folks tend to forget foundation work, or just skim over some things that will create problems later.

I had a Grim, daughter, Gita z Lipin, that was a great dog for the sport. Excellent tracker, and great in the protection work as well. I made a HUGE mistake using pressure while trying to improve my obedience scores, and turned a SG scoring dog into just a good dog from a scoring standpoint.

I now have 2 Grim grandsons, both are a little different, but do have some common things as well. Both dogs live for work, are solidly built, and very dark in color. Both dogs are very social, are excellent trackers, can be solid obedience dogs, maybe a bit more on the serious side as far as the protection work goes. For me they are well balanced, but I do know people that they would be a bit much for. Armor is more defensive, but that comes from his father. Hex is a great dog to be around, and has really picked up tracking as well as any dog I have ever had. Neither is dog aggressive, they are both clean dogs, and enjoy the water. Hex is a Xac PS x Chayma PS son. He produces dogs similar in structure and temperament.

I am really taking my time with Armor. He is 4 and just is really starting to get serious with his work. Hex is 5 and I am having a blast with him I didn't get him as a pup, like the others I mentioned, and I do believe there are imprinting issues I will never be able to correct

Al Govednik
Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2009, 11:12 AM   #19 (permalink)

I really like the male I have too he has some issue that were from a previous owner that I can hopefully correct but he will get his SCH1 but will be alot of work to go past the 1. But I love the way he is all around and will be looking for another to add I love the Czech lines.
Old 07-10-2009, 02:44 PM   #20 (permalink)
Master Member

Great info on maturity, Al. I appreciate hearing that because I've been so excited about my pup's progress I had plans all drawn up to be doing BH at 15 mos and Sch1 at 18 mos. It sounds like I should let him set the pace!

Our club has an excellent training director and president, and I'm very confident they will help me go at the right pace.
Freddy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.