German Shepherds Forum banner

High velocity blower

8K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  Jenny720 
#1 ·
Hello! Can anyone recommend a decent high velocity blower for my dog that does not cost $500?!

#4 ·
Metro air force commander. I have the two speed 4hp but there is another one that is even stronger but pulls more power. The link is to the commander - I use it on 4hp all the time. This thing is great around the house, too. Use it to clean my dryer vent and window blinds, blow cobwebs out of corners etc.

https://www.amazon.com/Force-Commander-2-Speed-Dryer-Motor/dp/B00063KHPE

They are made in USA and have for years. You can buy replacement filters (but the foam filter comes out for easy washing) and motor brushes. They are built to last. They do a great job.

There is another one same company "air force master blaster" but it draws 18 amps so if you have much else on a standard 20 amp home circuit you will be tripping breakers.

You can use the search feature on this site for metro and find all kinds of posts.

#7 ·
I'm happy I'm not the only one that has used it for other things. I have blown leaves off the patio with it.

#5 ·
I have a 4 hp Metro Airforce Blaster that I got on Amazon for around $120. It was originally selling for $166, I saved it to my Amazon shopping list to buy later, and then it went on sale so I bought it immediately! Amazon now has it for over $100 more than I paid for mine.

#11 ·
I'm a groomer, and a blow dryer is magical when it comes to a dog that is blowing coat. Go outside, and turn that thing on, and blast the coat!

Reactions: gsdluvr
#12 ·
#13 ·
So...when grooming the dog outdoors, do you blow against the growth of hair while backcombing? And if the dog has been swimming, do you dry them the same way? Where I live, (Costa Rica)it takes days for anything to dry, if at all! Gotta dry my dog after swimming as well as to blow out loose undercoat, otherwise moist hot spots are sure to follow.

#14 ·
Yes, blow against the grain. I think I have a video of Sage getting blown dry. I'll post it.

Reactions: maxtmill
#17 ·
The air does get warm on these just from being heated up by the motor. Not hot like a hair dryer and even warm it is not that hot (I know because I have used it to blow the loose hair off of me and on my head it is like a scalp massage) Beau LOVES it and will come running when I pull it out. Tilly tolerates itl

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.