German Shepherds Forum banner

How to groom that belly hair?!

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  SuperG 
#1 ·
Hi all,
Just wondering how you guys groom that belly hair that seems to hang down...Although I brush daily I still cannot find a way to fix this! The rest of him always looks so nicely groomed except his stomach area haha IDEAS?!
thank you!:grin2:

#2 ·
:wink2:I think you should ask SuperG how he takes care of his:wink2:
But seriously I never thought about it!I suppose you could trim it shorter,but IDK.

#4 ·
LOL.....Ya got me .... I usually "groom" AKA butcher my longstock in the spring or early summer with some fancy electric shears called the Oster A5 turbo electric gizmo with no guard on it and just shoot from the hip. Luckily...my girl learned to remain stationary from an early age while I trimmed her or cut her nails....a real test of patience ...mine that is.

I'm no groomer obviously but I do believe my hack jobs do make her more comfortable during the hot season....luckily, it seems to always grow back. If I'm a bit lazy...I just wing it with a pair of appropriate scissors.

SuperG

Attachments

#3 ·
That also can be a ticklish area :) Though I don't have that problem with my gsd, since he has a very short stockcoat, I did with my aussie and husky and the hair matted on my husky. A pin brush worked. If your gsd doesn't have long hair, I would first try a rake.

Reactions: jaudlee
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.