German Shepherds Forum banner

baths

1K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  Freestep 
#1 ·
So how many baths can I give my gsd? I heard you can or give them 2 a year. And when is a good time to bathe him?

#4 ·
I was told about twice a year from the breeder. They washed him when I picked him up. He was 3 months old then and I just gave him a bath 2 weeks ago. He was almost 9 months. I could tell it was needed. He was feeling not so clean when I pet him.

#6 ·
Bathe them whenever they stink to YOU. You shouldn't have to live with a stinky dog. I only give mine a bath whenever he gets into some nasty stinky sewer type water. Anything else and he smells fine. A good spray with the hose is good enough for me. Bath with shampoo is twice a year if that.

#9 ·
I think I would die if I could only bathe my GSD twice a year. If you use a mild, non-stripping dog shampoo, you can bathe as often as necessary--as often as every 3 weeks if you want. Most of my GSD clients come in once a month. But brushing is more important than bathing. You can brush every day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.