German Shepherds Forum banner

Calling all neutered male GSD owners

43K views 38 replies 25 participants last post by  SueDoNimm 
#1 ·
When did you guys neuter your boys?? Berlins time is coming up fast, he will be 7 months at the end of this month (I swear he was just 9 weeks old yesterday....:eek:) I know there is ALOT of personal preference and debate about when to neuter...but just curious as to when others did it. I want him to look masculine, so I am trying to put it off for a bit, but I dont want any of the behaviors (spraying, humping etc) to start. He dominance humps my other dog or little brother (LOL :rofl:) occasionally, but I have pretty much nipped that in the bud. When are males sexually mature? I do not want him going crazy over females (we have ALOT of dogs in our neighborhood) so ideally, I'd want to neuter him by then. Thanks in advance :)

#37 ·
I waited until about 17 months. I probably would've waited until 2 but he had both testicles retained and honestly, for my schedule it worked better to do it then. I don't see a difference in him at all, honestly. He's exactly the same as he was two months ago. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.