:O Vomiting! HELP!! - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2013, 12:56 AM   #1 (permalink)

Exclamation :O Vomiting! HELP!!

Hey guys, urgent help needed please! Kaiser has diarrhoea & was vomiting 3 days ago, called the vet & he gave him meds for both including saline (to take care of the dehydration).. his vomiting stopped & was eating properly until yesterday.. no more diarrhoea but since today morning he has puked thrice! the last one was only bile cos he hasn't had anything to eat since last night except a few puppy biscuits! what could be the reason & is there any home remedy for this? I don't know why is he always sick
He's been on Taste of the Wild for almost a week now & he likes it.. So, I really don't know!
ankittanna87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2013, 01:13 AM   #2 (permalink)

Sorry I really dont know. But when I was switching Kono over to a raw diet I didnt know you had to do it over a week or two. So she had diarrhea, but no vomiting. I've only seen her vomit when she was when we went in an elevator because we had to stay at a hotel. It was bad... She vomited all her food over and over until she was empty and then when I gave her water that came up, and then other times when my mom let her outside and I think she must of ate something that ate something that upset her tummy...

Did your vet do a fecal culture? Or something else?

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."
-Will Rogers
PuppyKono is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2013, 03:40 AM   #3 (permalink)

Hi, thanks for replying.. No, no fecal culture or anything.. His stools are normal, it's the vomiting I'm worried about.. He didn't have his morning meal (TOTW) so I gave him some antacid & yoghurt & rice to soothe his stomach.. seems OK for now.. hope he doesn't puke again.. I'm planning to keep him on a veg diet till he recovers.. hopefully that should work!
ankittanna87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2013, 04:02 AM   #4 (permalink)

hey! how about 'Marie biscuits' instead of dog ones if you must give any? gone thru what u are going thru right now, you will have some wonderful advise on this forum, but seeing that you live in Bombay, people might not know the logistics of it all. I am from Bombay too. Anyway, veg diet?! for us boiled chicken and overcooked rice with pure pumpkin worked. good luck!
bellamia is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.