1. What is your daily routine with your GSDs? (keep it short..)
Once I wake up I get pounced on, spooned intensely (she's not a nice snuggler) and then we get out of bed and I feed her, take her to pee, and I get ready. She loads up in the car, we go to work, and I take her out on my lunch break. We do schutzhund on one day of the weekend and either dog parks or agility on the other. Sometimes we even go to the doggie pool
2. How do you groom your GSDs? (I wanna know all! cleaning eye buggers, combing, cleaning ears, brushing teeth, clipping nails, expressing anal glands anything you can think of)
We do the self serve baths and cologne. I should bathe her more but she has a short coat and we're always out somewhere she gets dirty quickly. I just cut her nails and I had to sit on her while screaming PLATZZZZZZ. It looks a little insane.
3. How often do you do poopy patrol and how do you do it? (i.e. I do poopy patrol twice a week the day before the garbage goes out, on walks and I use a pooper scooper, or a doggy bag. It all goes in the trash outside my home to be picked up the next day)
We're in an apartment so we clean it up as it comes.
4. If you catch your GSD doing something inappropriate how do you get him to understand that he shouldn't be doing that?
I gasp and tell her how stupid it was and what a bad, shameful girl she is (seriously.. I shame her in a "Im not going to beat you but SHAAAAAAAAME ON YOUUUUU"
5. How do you know that your GSD is in pain, sick or uncomfortable (besides the obvious like vomiting or diarrhea)?
I can always tell when her temperaments off. I came and picked her up from boarding once after the staff member gave her severe heatstroke and didn't notice before throwing her back in a kennel - I knew the second she came to see me that something was seriously wrong. Same when she bloated and when I thought she might have HD even though she didn't show symptoms. We're connected like that
6. How does your GSD tell you if he needs to go to the bathroom?
7. What is the best way to get your GSD to understand that he is being rewarded for good behavior?
BALL BALL TUG OMG TUUUUUUG
8. Are you allergic to your GSDs? If so how do manage?
9. What do you do to keep your GSD out of trouble? (bones, crate, kong)
Crate in the car and when I'm not home.. when I am home she is always trouble, there's no stopping it
10. How do you show your GSD that you love/respect her?
Training, praise, and lots of hugs (even though she doesn't like hugs)