Things that only RAW feeders understand - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2014, 11:11 AM   #1 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Talking Things that only RAW feeders understand

Someone got upset that I posted on FB about how one time I had nothing to eat for supper so I thawed out some of my dog's food and put it on the BBQ.

She told me I had problems if I only had my dog's food to eat. lol I guess she didn't understand that I simply meant I'd forgotten to get groceries on the way home and didn't feel like making the 30 minute drive back into town.

What can I say, chicken quarters were on sale the week before at the grocery store and I'd stocked up.

It was delicious after marinading in lime/jalapeno/cilantro marinade and put on the charcoal BBQ with some veggies and a nice glass of sauvignon blanc!

Ha ha
blackshep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2014, 11:16 AM   #2 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Did you offer her dinner?

~The strength of one's opinion should not exceed their knowledge on the matter~
Jax08 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2014, 11:17 AM   #3 (permalink)
Knighted Member

No, she didn't seem very pleasant. It would have been a waste of perfectly good wine. lol
blackshep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2014, 11:32 AM   #4 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Hans eats veal. I swear, he eats better than we do!

Description (From mypetcarnivore.com)
5 LB. deli container! This product is made from the whole calf with meat, organs and bones together. Artisanally butchered, coarse ground and fresh frozen by Schoenborn Family Farms with optimal nutrition for your pets in mind.
These Michigan cows are 1 - 7 days old, healthy males from dairy stock. They have been milk-fed. Very young meat source makes for softer, more digestible bones. Very, very lean (about 1% fat!).
Sunflowers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2014, 11:43 AM   #5 (permalink)
The Administrator from the Great White North, eh?

LOL! I've done the same! I don't tell people it's 'dog food', but my dogs eat better than I do!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Keeta BH, OB1, TR1, AD
Rottweiler/Hairy Dog mix?? 2004-2015
Castlemaid is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2014, 11:43 AM   #6 (permalink)
The Administrator from the Great White North, eh?

I also had someone give me some grass-fed beef "for the dogs". I didn't tell them that I saved half of it for myself!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Keeta BH, OB1, TR1, AD
Rottweiler/Hairy Dog mix?? 2004-2015
Castlemaid is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2014, 11:53 AM   #7 (permalink)
Elite Member

I've gotten odd looks from friends when I told them I can't come over a certain day because it's "organ bagging day". I even have it on the calendar in my phone. I think they're finally getting used to the idea of it.
Pax8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2014, 12:02 PM   #8 (permalink)
Master Member

I don't care for lamb but a coworker was telling me yesterday how she loves it but it's so expensive. I didn't tell her that Traveler had lamb for dinner last night
Traveler's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2014, 12:05 PM   #9 (permalink)
Administrator & LOTR Addict

I get lamb for the dogs directly from the breeder and I get it for significantly cheaper than what they charge at the grocery store. I could just eat theirs. LOL

Something else non raw feeders don't understand is how much thought we put into feeding our dogs. So much easier to just scoop kibble out of a bag.

Vala SchH3 AWD1 FH2 CGC B/HOT, SG1 Deja IPO3 AWD1 KKL1 B/HOT, SG Elena BH AD CGC B/HOT, LB (the ugly little sable) B/HOT, Donovan IPO1 TR2 AD, and gone but not forgotten, Nike SchH1 OB1 TR3 AD CGC HOT, Treue SchH3 CD CGC HOT

lhczth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2014, 12:17 PM   #10 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhczth View Post
I get lamb for the dogs directly from the breeder and I get it for significantly cheaper than what they charge at the grocery store. I could just eat theirs. LOL

Something else non raw feeders don't understand is how much thought we put into feeding our dogs. So much easier to just scoop kibble out of a bag.
Haha, I had a customer at the store who came up asking me to tell him how to feed prey model raw because he wanted to feed raw, but the premade was too expensive. His eyes nearly rolled into the back of his head when I talked to him about figuring out a proper nutrient profile for my dog and cobbling it together out of the meats, bones, and organs available to me as well as filling out any possible gaps with supplements. And of course trialing different supplements, meats, and combinations to see which ones had the best effects. And then just the general figuring out which proportions worked best for my dog and butchering and packaging groups of meat to fill those portions.

He was flabbergasted that I would go through so much trouble finding meat and that there wasn't just a "meat store" that sold everything I needed. Nooot so much.

Needless to say, he stuck with his dry food. If he had actually been serious, I would have spent more time with him. But apparently he was more just trying to show off that he had a vague idea of what a raw diet was.
Pax8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.