Where to start??? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2014, 11:05 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Where to start???

Hi everyone, I have been reading all about raw feeding and I think I want to try it. I have a 13 week female GSD and the vet has changed her food to a prescription, she keeps getting bladder infections. Are there any books or web sites anyone could recommend?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
shepgirl32 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2014, 11:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
Elite Member

I know there are numerous sources, forums and sites which provide all kinds of info on raw feeding.....I believe there are members in this forum that are in the business of raw food for dogs.

I had the benefit of learning about it from a brother in law who was experienced in feeding raw for years to his 3 dogs....not saying that he doesn't know his stuff but I still felt it was incumbent upon me to educate myself via many sources.

Some raw forums can be a bit "raw" on folks starting out and making one feel like they should know better.....but it didn't matter to me because I wouldn't have asked the questions if I already knew the best answers.

A quick Google search brought this very basic site up....it covers the most basics and might provoke more questions which you might ask.

Raw Diet For Dogs: The Basics

I found that as I made the decision to start feeding raw, I researched the raw diet much more than I ever did when I was feeding kibble to my previous dogs. I now look back and somewhat laugh at my huge concern since I took a detour from the "normal" way...funny how it seemed "easier" feeding my dogs out of a bag, of which I knew nothing about versus knowing everything I feed my dog with a raw diet.

Research and investigate as you are doing and I'm sure you will do what is best for your dog.

SuperG
SuperG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.