Pre-Made Frozen Raw Foods - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2014, 07:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
cwf

Default Pre-Made Frozen Raw Foods

Among the premade raw food brands (commercially available), what are the best, and why?

I'm homecooking, after switching from Acana, and may or may not be ready yet to try raw. If I do raw, I will opt for premade raw...frozen.
I'd still like to feed human grade food, with clean, unspoiled ingredients and non-denatured meats, however.

Also, I want a premade food that doesn't require that I add supplements, as some appear to do.

Suggestions, please?

Thanks, all!

(OH, and if it exists, a raw food compnay with a frequent buyer's program would be great!)
cwf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2014, 07:40 PM   #2 (permalink)

I have used K9 kravings. It worked great. All natural, 100% complete. Lots of variety in regards to protein source. Easy to use.

I don't feed raw normally, but tried it for a specific purpose. Dogs loved it, did well.

http://www.k-9kraving.com

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Old 03-12-2014, 01:47 PM   #3 (permalink)

After reading about the K9 kraving food I was very impressed. Their quality and small company approach is very good. They have a disributor with free delivery and that makes their value excellent. This is the best prepared raw food diet I have seen. The owner also has GSD's and its a big reason that he formulated his process.

Brando GSD 2/14/94 -6/17/03 RIP
Julietta GSD 4/4/03 -11/23/13 RIP

Rest in peace my babies.
Brando & Julietta's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2014, 01:49 PM   #4 (permalink)

I have not made the switch yet but when I was looking there was a breeder near me that is a distributer for K9 kravings and that was the most affordable prepared one I have found so far.
Old 03-12-2014, 01:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
Crowned Member

My Pet Carnivore and Reel Raw are fantastic.

https://www.mypetcarnivore.com

Free Shipping! Grass-fed, pastured, organic raw pet food delivery
Old 03-12-2014, 02:33 PM   #6 (permalink)

I want to switch but the cost of $160 -$300 month is what is holding me back...... Am I calculating this wrong? I am basing this off of 2.5 lbs for a 75 lb dog
Sealdoc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2014, 02:55 PM   #7 (permalink)

I looked at the pet carnivore briefly. It seems decent but K9kraving is a better value and quality. Its all usda inspected and anitbiotic free. I am not sure what info there is on pet carnivore's production s and meat source but K9 is very open to their process.

Brando GSD 2/14/94 -6/17/03 RIP
Julietta GSD 4/4/03 -11/23/13 RIP

Rest in peace my babies.
Brando & Julietta's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2014, 03:16 PM   #8 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando & Julietta's Dad View Post
I looked at the pet carnivore briefly. It seems decent but K9kraving is a better value and quality. Its all usda inspected and anitbiotic free. I am not sure what info there is on pet carnivore's production s and meat source but K9 is very open to their process.

I would not say a food that has added vegetables is a better value and quality. Because dogs do not need vegetables, you are paying more for the meat content which is what they actually need. Their beef has sweet potato (which my dog can't eat) broccoli (which is not that great for dogs) and carrots, which are root vegetables and not necessarily pesticide free. They do not say what percentage of their food is veg.

Here is the info from My Pet Carnivore.

Last edited by Sunflowers; 03-12-2014 at 03:19 PM.
Sunflowers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2014, 04:06 PM   #9 (permalink)

Where are you located? I use RAAW Energy and my dogs are doing great on it. USDA meat , lots of variety. They only ship so far though.
ALL MY RESCUES!
Oisin's Aoire is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2014, 04:48 PM   #10 (permalink)
Elite Member

Here is another easy way to try out raw feeding (or slightly cooked if you prefer) before you make the investment of a freezer. Your dog would be getting all of the nutrients he needs! You add Steve Browns Homemade Dinner Mix to your own ground meat (beef, turkey, chicken) mix and serve! See Spot Live Longer™ Homemade Dinner Mixes | Product Catalog

Info: Healthy Dog Food Dinner Mixes
He also wrote the book "Unlocking the Canine Ancestral Diet".

"When mixed according to directions, See Spot Live Longer™ Homemade Dinner Mixes are formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles for adults and for all life stages."

"It's easy. Just add 2 tablespoons (4 for puppies) of our special mix to one pound of fresh beef, chicken, turkey, or lamb, and add a can of sardines or fish oils weekly. "

Ingredients: dried spinach, ground flax seed, dicalcium phosphate, oyster shell powder, dried spirulina algae, psyllium husk powder, organic dried kelp, sea salt, inulin, chelated minerals (iron, zinc, manganese and copper amino acid chelates), vitamin E, choline chloride, d-calcium pantothenate, vitamin D3, vitamin B12.

Moms
Momto2GSDs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.