German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   B.A.R.F./Raw Feeding (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/b-r-f-raw-feeding/)
-   -   Upset stomach after raw feeding (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/b-r-f-raw-feeding/394378-upset-stomach-after-raw-feeding.html)

rajnish 01-11-2014 01:41 AM

Upset stomach after raw feeding

1 Attachment(s)
My gsd is 8 months old now and I have been feeding him 500 gm raw chicken every alternate day for 2 months now. But when ever he eats raw chicken in his dinner he does loose stool for almost a day. Health wise he is absolute fine and over active.rest of time he gets yogurts, boil vegetable, cheese, rice.
Does he has some vitamin deficiency which I could not detect? His latest pic..
Attachment 162746
Pl suggest. ...

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

sarah1366 01-11-2014 04:47 AM

When my romany was pup she couldn't have raw chicken would end up with runs so I fed her raw tripe beef lamb
She was fine on them as adult she now had no problem with chicken could be just a puppy thing like ours was but I do suggest switching to one of the other raw meats see how it goes
Sent from
Free App[/url]

rajnish 01-11-2014 05:08 AM

Can the quantity be an issue? Should I lessen the quantity...

Momto2GSDs 01-11-2014 06:03 AM

Don' know if you are or not, but feeding the skin of the chicken can cause some dogs' an upset.
I don't think 500 gm (1 lb. 1 oz) is too much.
Could the quality of the chicken be in question?
Are you rotating the meat source so that he is not getting just chicken for his raw meal days? What else does he get on "raw days"?
Moms:)

SuperG 01-11-2014 10:09 AM

Off topic....but I noticed the choker on him...hopefully it is only on him while you are training.

SuperG

rajnish 01-12-2014 10:34 AM

Oh yes I use the choker only while taking him out or for a walk..rest in home he is without choker

rajnish 01-12-2014 11:32 AM

By the way how do u think his growth is? He is 7.5 months when this pic was taken

terisita 01-12-2014 12:06 PM

Alternating the meats is a good idea but stick to raw if feeding raw. My puppy of 13 weeks also.has a sensitive.tummy and any change causes a runny tummy whereas our older 6 month old GSD can handle anything. However our portions are much larger according to their weight. Our younger puppy seems tp have settled down with the different raw meats and no more runny stools. We feed chicken necks and meat,tripe, mutton chunks, beef, raw veg, olive/flax seed oil, raw eggs with shells once a week.

rajnish 01-12-2014 12:32 PM

currently I am sticking to raw chicken diet every alternate day

rajnish 01-12-2014 12:34 PM

Raw egg with she'll? Will he be able to digest it? What along with raw egg?