Anyone else start puppy out with ?? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2013, 06:53 PM   #1 (permalink)

Question Anyone else start puppy out with ??

Any one else feeding a all raw diet of vital essential? I am using their Alpha beef, chicken, and turkey. I am on the side of giving your dog a rotating diet, so I use their beef as my main, and add in their chicken for a day or two, then turkey.

The results have been great so far, as in no loose stooles or upset stomach and nice regular movment.

I always heard good things about their products and my breader uses this feed also.

I also really like Abedy as I feed my last shepherd that later in life (she had Hip dysplasia) and I saw an overall improvement in her on it. I believe they have a higher fat content, but don't quote me.

I was thinking of rotating this in as well?? Or should I not push it? Any one have any experience from growth outcome and overall bone placement on this??

Thanks for your help,

Len
Ltleo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2013, 01:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
jae
Master Member

Yes I started my pup on it as well, but he is now on full on prey model, not just pre-made raw. It came highly recommended from the store that I bought it from, since it has minimal ingredients, minimal supplements, and no veggies, making it easy for the dog to adjust. And is one of the cheapest pre-made raw around. It costs me around $3/lb which really is not bad considering beef is almost always more than that. The convenience of just throwing 2 patties and a chicken leg in a bowl is very nice.

I continue to buy it when I find it. However you can easily make your own especially of this brands turkey and chicken, for much cheaper like less than $1/lb.

Ground turkey with bone, turkey heart, turkey liver, herring oil (natural source of vitamin D), d-alpha tocopherol (natural vitamin E)

Ground chicken with bone, chicken heart, chicken liver, herring oil (natural source of vitamin D), d-alpha tocopherol (natural vitamin E)

The way I see it, the beef and fish is a very economical purchase. Fish is almost always too expensive to keep a standard when buying off shelves. The beef formula has a very nice balance of ingredients.

Beef, beef tripe, beef lung, ground beef bone, beef liver, beef heart, beef kidney, beef blood, beef fat, herring oil (natural source of vitamin D), d-alpha tocopherol (natural vitamin E)

Whole Lake Superior Cisco, d-alpha tocopherol, (natural vitamin E) .

Last edited by jae; 01-04-2013 at 01:47 PM.
jae is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2013, 10:59 AM   #3 (permalink)

That sounds really good. So you make up your own raw diet? I want to try it. But I am afraid to take the plunge while he is a puppy. I don't want to mess up.
So how do I start, just go to the stores and buy raw meet grounded up with bones? Ask for ground up heart and livers?
Thank you for your help.
Ltleo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.