German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   B.A.R.F./Raw Feeding (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/b-r-f-raw-feeding/)
-   -   Anyone else start puppy out with ?? (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/b-r-f-raw-feeding/197608-anyone-else-start-puppy-out.html)

Ltleo 01-03-2013 06:53 PM

Anyone else start puppy out with ??

Any one else feeding a all raw diet of vital essential? I am using their Alpha beef, chicken, and turkey. I am on the side of giving your dog a rotating diet, so I use their beef as my main, and add in their chicken for a day or two, then turkey.

The results have been great so far, as in no loose stooles or upset stomach and nice regular movment.

I always heard good things about their products and my breader uses this feed also.

I also really like Abedy as I feed my last shepherd that later in life (she had Hip dysplasia) and I saw an overall improvement in her on it. I believe they have a higher fat content, but don't quote me.

I was thinking of rotating this in as well?? Or should I not push it? Any one have any experience from growth outcome and overall bone placement on this??

Thanks for your help,

Len

jae 01-04-2013 01:44 PM

Yes I started my pup on it as well, but he is now on full on prey model, not just pre-made raw. It came highly recommended from the store that I bought it from, since it has minimal ingredients, minimal supplements, and no veggies, making it easy for the dog to adjust. And is one of the cheapest pre-made raw around. It costs me around $3/lb which really is not bad considering beef is almost always more than that. The convenience of just throwing 2 patties and a chicken leg in a bowl is very nice.

I continue to buy it when I find it. However you can easily make your own especially of this brands turkey and chicken, for much cheaper like less than $1/lb.

Ground turkey with bone, turkey heart, turkey liver, herring oil (natural source of vitamin D), d-alpha tocopherol (natural vitamin E)

Ground chicken with bone, chicken heart, chicken liver, herring oil (natural source of vitamin D), d-alpha tocopherol (natural vitamin E)

The way I see it, the beef and fish is a very economical purchase. Fish is almost always too expensive to keep a standard when buying off shelves. The beef formula has a very nice balance of ingredients.

Beef, beef tripe, beef lung, ground beef bone, beef liver, beef heart, beef kidney, beef blood, beef fat, herring oil (natural source of vitamin D), d-alpha tocopherol (natural vitamin E)

Whole Lake Superior Cisco, d-alpha tocopherol, (natural vitamin E) .

Ltleo 01-05-2013 10:59 AM

That sounds really good. So you make up your own raw diet? I want to try it. But I am afraid to take the plunge while he is a puppy. I don't want to mess up.
So how do I start, just go to the stores and buy raw meet grounded up with bones? Ask for ground up heart and livers?
Thank you for your help.