German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Agility (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/agility/)
-   -   Apache started agility (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/agility/406298-apache-started-agility.html)

volcano 02-04-2014 06:42 AM

Apache started agility

She is 14 months old and we just started. Shes the star of the class, she wants to run through it all, Im gonna have a hard time keeping up. Ill probably be asking lots of questions soon. Shes a monster athlete so this should suit her.

gsdlover91 02-04-2014 07:40 AM

Where are you guys doing agility? Me and Berlin started agility a few weeks back. I was really surprised at how fast he 'gets' it! We really enjoy it. Have fun!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

volcano 02-04-2014 08:15 AM

Were back at gsdc of Chicago, where are you training at?

gsdlover91 02-04-2014 09:24 AM

Agility Junkies in Barrington. :)

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

MaggieRoseLee 02-04-2014 11:12 AM

LOVE IT!!!

Try to get pictures in class to share... just love seeing our dogs having fun doing agility!

:)

DJEtzel 02-04-2014 11:33 AM

That's awesome, get pictures for sure! :)

volcano 02-11-2014 04:46 AM

Shes ok, but she slipped on the elevated plank today. She didnt fall off, I had her by the collar to slow her down, but Immediately she wouldnt put any weight on the leg! From my pov all she did was scrape the inside of her leg against the plank but judging by her 3 legged walk and then quick recovery maybe she banged her funny bone on her knee. I didnt do any more jumping and we watched for awhile before her walking straight through the weave for the first times. It was a scare when she limped but she does seem fine, I wont throw the ball for a few days.

volcano 02-25-2014 01:29 AM

Today she was wild, shes pulling me all over and just wants to run through it all but were in beginners class. We were trying multiple jumps in a row and she kept pulling out before the 2nd jump while on a leash.
Then it was a tunnel a jump and another tunnel. I let her offleash and after a couple missed attempts she said "I can do it better without you" and started zooming through all the equipment full speed, barking and having a grand old time! I finally got a hold of her, shes definitely the most athletic dog in the building LOL.

BoTaBe 02-25-2014 03:24 PM

Sounds like she was having fun! ;)

Never heard of agility training with a dog on a leash, I just can imagine that it must be really hard?:wild:
Just pay attention when it comes to the "zooming through all the equipment full speed, barking and having a grand old time" because if you allow her to do that a few times it will be really difficult to stop it!

volcano 02-25-2014 07:54 PM

Were the beginner class, I think the leashes are going away now that were doing more than one obstacle at a time. My girl was picking it up in her mouth and the teacher said that meant she didnt want it.