Agility Christmas Presents? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2012, 10:08 AM   #1 (permalink)
The Agility Rocks! Moderator

Default Agility Christmas Presents?

Anyone get any agility related gifts for Xmas?

I know my favorites were subscriptions to Clean Run and jump cup strips to make jumps! Too funny how well I can make a jump even with wings while sitting watching tv.

Clip And GO Agility: Dog agility equipment: Jump Cup Strips

plus Miss Osin Blue Wildhaus

"Nothing new can come into your life unless you are grateful for what you already have. ~ "--- Michael Bernhard, gratitude
MaggieRoseLee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2012, 10:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
Elite Member

I didn't get anything but I did get some Petco gift cards and I was thinking about getting my Ollie some of their cheapo agility stuff... I know it's not super great but Ollie is only 4 months so he can't do the jumps, etc. But I was thinking about getting him involved in agility when he's older and just playing around with some easy courses for now.

I guess it might be cheaper to build your own but I am so completely and utterly not handy and super clumsy... My husband won't even let me cook anything that involves hot grease.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:47 AM   #3 (permalink)
The Agility Rocks! Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carriesue View Post
I didn't get anything but I did get some Petco gift cards and I was thinking about getting my Ollie some of their cheapo agility stuff... I know it's not super great but Ollie is only 4 months so he can't do the jumps, etc. But I was thinking about getting him involved in agility when he's older and just playing around with some easy courses for now.

I guess it might be cheaper to build your own but I am so completely and utterly not handy and super clumsy... My husband won't even let me cook anything that involves hot grease.
If you go up to the DIY Agility Equipment-(Do it yourself ideas/hints) there are directions and tips.

For a beginner dog you may want to go to tinkertots.com and buy a tunnel. Make sure it's 24" in diameter (opening) cause that's the size used in competition so best to get used to that from the start. ALSO if there is a choice, get a darker colored tunnel (blue?) because the lighting is the worst in there so earlier you get them to whoohoo thru the better.

THere are scissor type snippers that close around the PVC and cut it. So if you can use scissors you can easily cut them to length. I just measure, mark with a sharpie, and then cut. I don't even use glue because the fittings hold everything together well enough.

Once the PVC is cut, you just put it together easily and it's like a miracle

Best thing to do is start looking for some good agility classes or basic puppy obedience classes. There are some great puppy classes out there appropriate for younger dogs. Mix of socialization and distractions plus trying to listen to us is built into these classes.
plus Miss Osin Blue Wildhaus

"Nothing new can come into your life unless you are grateful for what you already have. ~ "--- Michael Bernhard, gratitude
MaggieRoseLee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2012, 10:51 AM   #4 (permalink)
Elite Member

One of the doctors I work for got me a clip and go agility jump for Christmas. She knows how much I love my dog and wanted to help me prepare for the next level. I love the jump because all the parts clip together and don't get lost.

Snake Vom Eselspfad RN CGC (AKA Raina) 3/5/08
Pyrate CGC 4/1/03-5/16/12 RIP

Too many to list waiting at the bridge but remembering them all
pyratemom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.