Agility Brag: Your best "Yards per Second" time! - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2012, 03:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Default Agility Brag: Your best "Yards per Second" time!

Post your best yps time. To calculate yps, you simply divide the course yardage by your dog's run time. For example, if the course yardage was 133 yards and your dog Q'ed in 26.05 seconds:

133 yards / 26.05 seconds = 5.11yps

-Brag Rules-
  • Must be a qualifying run
  • Post your course map
  • Must be a GSD

This should be fun!! Let's see what those GSDs are accomplishing!

C-ATCH Pimg - DOB: 2/06, UJJ (x2), HIT, CA, CGC, High in Games, Reserve High in Standard- CPE Nationals 2014
High Jinks vom Neuanfang - DOB 9/12 (Gotchya Day: 1/23/2013) agility superstar in training
wildo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2012, 03:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
Master Member

Great idea! I will have to go through some results from this summer when I am at my computer

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

Havoc ~ (aka "Super") GSD - Rest easy buddy.
Keeper ~ (rest in peace little stinker) (Aussie)
KristiM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2012, 10:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
Crowned Member

(We ran the circle course in Level 2)

Course yards: 92 yards
Pimg's time: 13.38 seconds

An outstanding 6.88 yps!

C-ATCH Pimg - DOB: 2/06, UJJ (x2), HIT, CA, CGC, High in Games, Reserve High in Standard- CPE Nationals 2014
High Jinks vom Neuanfang - DOB 9/12 (Gotchya Day: 1/23/2013) agility superstar in training
Old 12-12-2012, 03:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Wow- nobody wants to brag on their dog's yps times??

Old 01-21-2013, 03:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
Crowned Member

This thread is beyond disappointing. Do you guys really not keep track of this sort of thing? How do you know where you stand against your competition?

Old 01-21-2013, 03:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
Knighted Member

I haven't kept track of it lately, but I do still figure out our YPS for each run, just don't keep my file UTD with it.
But each venue is so different that it's hard to compare, say NADAC YPS with USDAA YPS. NADAC is designed to be fast and flowy, and with lower jumps. So the design in itself lends to much faster YPS than USDAA where there are a lot of turns, wraps, 270s, etc and the jumps are 26". NADAC also has courses like tunnelers where the YPS can get crazy high.
The different styles of courses within each venue also lead to varying times, as well as the different levels

The fastest time I have recorded for USDAA was a master's jumpers course-5.33
I don't have a file with my NADAC times, but I know he's had YPS over 6 in elite tunnelers and jumpers.

Last edited by I_LOVE_MY_MIKKO; 01-21-2013 at 03:44 PM.
I_LOVE_MY_MIKKO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2013, 03:43 PM   #7 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Good point about the venue distinction; I didn't consider that. I'm doing a master's challenge course (both standard and jumpers) in May- so I'll let you know how we compare! LOL!

Old 01-21-2013, 03:45 PM   #8 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildo View Post
Good point about the venue distinction; I didn't consider that. I'm doing a master's challenge course (both standard and jumpers) in May- so I'll let you know how we compare! LOL!
Awesome!

I_LOVE_MY_MIKKO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2013, 04:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
Master Member

Okay, I thought this thread was a great idea and then totally forgot to add to it lol. I don't have exact results in front of me but Odin's fastest NADAC yps was (I believe) 6.2 yps jumping 16'' in jumpers. Which totally doesn't make any sense because last month in AAC he did a jumpers run at 6.4 yps at 26" (he did knock two bars though.) I don't know how NADAC actually calculates the yards, they don't use the yard stick thing anymore at trials?? I think they just quesstimate. I think last weekend Odin's best yps (that I can remember) was 5.3 yps in steeplechase (that was with one off course) but he was only 2 seconds behind a very fast elite level border collie that ran clean (oh and I showed up late for steeplechase cause my alarm didn't go off and I only saw one dog run it before we were up lol.)

Wildo, 6.88 yps is freaking outstanding!!! That is quite a brag, I would be pretty pleased with that What venue is your masters challenge standard and jumpers in? I am looking to take Odin to AAC regionals this June, we have SOOO much work to do!

Havoc ~ (aka "Super") GSD - Rest easy buddy.
Keeper ~ (rest in peace little stinker) (Aussie)
KristiM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2013, 05:00 PM   #10 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiM View Post
Wildo, 6.88 yps is freaking outstanding!!! That is quite a brag, I would be pretty pleased with that What venue is your masters challenge standard and jumpers in? I am looking to take Odin to AAC regionals this June, we have SOOO much work to do!
You bet it was outstanding!! It was one of those few runs where you're on auto pilot. You get done and look back sort of in shock on how you just accomplished what you did. It was a phenomenal run. Pimg's best this weekend was 6.39yps, again in Colors, and 4.93yps on average for the weekend. Anything with weaves is killing her speed. I don't know if she's just getting older, or if I've somehow trained her to be slow in weaves, but it's killing her speed. For the time, I've accepted it and looked to contacts as a place to make up time. Her running contacts are coming along beautifully and her dogwalk is quite fast- in the 1.7 second range for a DW 2' off the ground, and 2.3ish seconds for a full height DW.

The master's challenge classes are USDAA. They are international style agility. I'm very excited to give them a shot.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.