German Shepherds Forum banner

Sudden change in behaviour

829 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Jenni R 
#1 ·
My gsd Zak is two years old and has always been playful and friendly and loves to play fight with other dogs. He's been playing with another gsd for about a year now. They are like best friends and meet most days in the park and always have a really good play fight. Now all of a sudden in the last few days Zak seems to have stopped play fighting and is now trying to mount the other dog and today Zak all of while trying to mount him turned aggressive showing his teeth and growling which is not like him at all. My sister has got a gsd puppy 4 weeks ago who likes to play fight with Zak. Even though Zak is being gentle and adapts his play with the puppy we sometimes have to tell him no and stop him getting to rough because he's obviously a lot stronger than the puppy. But now I feel like we've sort of undone all his play fighting by doing this because it's like he's forgot what to do because he's just all of a sudden stands there not knowing what to do because maybe we've gave him mixed signals. He's a quick learner so need to try and fix this before it gets worse.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.