Barking and carrying on - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2014, 12:32 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Barking and carrying on

Rudy is now 16 months old, we adopted him from a shelter in the city at ten months. He's learning to walk past other dogs without reacting (seriously, I didn't think that day would ever come), but now when inside the house, God help the person, squirrel, leaf, chipmunk etc that DARES walk past the house not to mention the most hated dog the cocker across the street. Sometimes, there is nothing that I can see out there, it's like he's making it up just to carry on with that big big bark. He carries on like he's warning us of the alien invasion. He does now, in the last few days, come to us when called and down-stay. After a while we release him, and he's good, and THEN the next alien walks past. it starts all over. What is up with this? I don't mind an alert, but defcon 4 is a bit much. Any thoughts as to why? I can stop it, but I'd rather it didn't start. Love to know what's in his head at that point. Any/all suggestions are welcome.
Juliem24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.