Fight :( - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2013, 08:42 PM   #11 (permalink)

I wasn't speaking of the dogs setting the order. And another reason I won't go to further detail... I'd hate to have the pack come down on me lol.

OP, if you look at any animals, none of them hang out after an altercation. The young bull elk wanders off to find new cows, the coyote seeks new territory, the chipmunk relinquishes his stash of goodies and seeks new forms of sustenance so on and so forth

Sent from my LG-LS970
Jaythethird is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2013, 08:44 PM   #12 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaythethird View Post
I wasn't speaking of the dogs setting the order. And another reason I won't go to further detail... I'd hate to have the pack come down on me lol.

OP, if you look at any animals, none of them hang out after an altercation. The young bull elk wanders off to find new cows, the coyote seeks new territory, the chipmunk relinquishes his stash of goodies and seeks new forms of sustenance so on and so forth

Sent from my LG-LS970
"the pound dog goes back to the pound" .....jj sorta
misslesleedavis1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2013, 08:48 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by misslesleedavis1 View Post
Very possibly. A decision only you can make because you are the only one monitoring behavior and temperament

Sent from my LG-LS970
Jaythethird is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2013, 08:51 PM   #14 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaythethird View Post
Very possibly. A decision only you can make because you are the only one monitoring behavior and temperament

Sent from my LG-LS970
Its true and i am absolutely clueless about it, im not about giving up, but right now they are on a very strict no contact with eachother routine, until i figure it out.
Old 12-19-2013, 09:19 PM   #15 (permalink)
Crowned Member

They should not be left alone together....leave short leads on them, have prongs on them both and hopefully, another person in the room....start over and do not let them alone together...be vigilant when they are in the same room....

Lee

wolfstraum.net

wolfstraum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2013, 09:37 PM   #16 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfstraum View Post
They should not be left alone together....leave short leads on them, have prongs on them both and hopefully, another person in the room....start over and do not let them alone together...be vigilant when they are in the same room....

Lee
Dexter is just a little guy ive had him since he was 9 weeks old and i can personally say he has never seen a fight let alone be in one, im not saying he is an angel that didnt provoke it but as you can imagine it was heart stopping watching your baby be shaken and screaming in pain infront of you. I hope they can start over, i hope that they can be together in the yard again some day.
Old 12-19-2013, 09:49 PM   #17 (permalink)
Crowned Member

It's usually a little easier for two boys to get over it. If that dog wanted to kill your other dog then your other dog would be dead. How old are these dogs?
Midnite-German Shepherd CGC
Brennan- Golden Retriever

"A dog is the only thing on this earth that loves you
more than he loves himself."
llombardo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2013, 09:50 PM   #18 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by misslesleedavis1 View Post
If it is just joking, than it is in poor taste, and I know you are the OP here.

I am sorry that your dogs got into a fight. It is a terrible experience whether you know the dogs for a few weeks or for years. Doesn't matter. No one likes to see dogs they care about fight.

Unfortunately, you are blaming the wrong party in this situation. The one dog was only in your home for 3 weeks, and you gave him free access to the other dog, which is smaller and weaker, and you left them unsupervised in the yard when you seem to realize that all your dogs seem to have issues with resource guarding.

If you must blame, then it is you that you need to point your finger at.

Maybe taking the pound dog back to the pound is the thing to do. Without plenty of training, management, leadership, and supervision, it isn't going to work out. Putting these two dogs back in the yard together on their own any time soon, is likely a death sentence to both dogs.

I hope you do not send the dog to a pound. Too many dogs do not make it out of pounds. Getting a rescue involved with this might be the best thing to do. They may be able to help you work through the problem, and they may be able to place the dog for you.

There are things you can do. But if you are joking about sending the dog back to the pound, maybe your mind is already made up.

Jenna, RN CGC & Babs, CD RA CGC HIC
Heidi, RA CGC
SG3 Odessa, SchH1, Kkl1, AD
Ninja, RN CGC & Milla, RN CGC
Joy, Star Puppy, RN CGC
Dolly CGC & Bear CGC
Gretta
Hepzibah & Hannah
selzer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2013, 09:56 PM   #19 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I also want to add that mine grab each others necks all the time and make lots of noises that resembles them killing each other, but they are playing. I would also like to add that this can scare the poop out of other breeds. I have witnessed other dogs crying and sound like they were dying and there was no reason for it. I'm not saying this is what happened in your case, but are you 150 percent sure this was a dog trying to kill another dog?
Midnite-German Shepherd CGC
Brennan- Golden Retriever

"A dog is the only thing on this earth that loves you
more than he loves himself."
llombardo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2013, 09:56 PM   #20 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by llombardo View Post
It's usually a little easier for two boys to get over it. If that dog wanted to kill your other dog then your other dog would be dead. How old are these dogs?
I agree with this. If these were bitches, than it would be all over. We would be talking musical crates forever. And rehoming one would be the thing to do. Females will remember and wait for an opportunity, and strike fast, and they will play for keeps. Dogs, well, the are loud and squack, but usually they will not kill each other (don't count on that here though), and they can usually get over a spat.

Jenna, RN CGC & Babs, CD RA CGC HIC
Heidi, RA CGC
SG3 Odessa, SchH1, Kkl1, AD
Ninja, RN CGC & Milla, RN CGC
Joy, Star Puppy, RN CGC
Dolly CGC & Bear CGC
Gretta
Hepzibah & Hannah
selzer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.