Aggression shown towards counselors at camp bow wow - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2013, 06:37 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Aggression shown towards counselors at camp bow wow

Hello all,
My name is Alex and my boy's name is Brutus. We had a little incident today at the dog day camp we bring him to.
Upon my arrival today the manager came out and told me about an incident that happened with Brutus. She said that he got out of the play yard when he wasn't supposed to and when they went to get him he started growling and showing his teeth. She said that he ran up front and when they tried to leash him that he tried to jump on them and started barking and growling. They were able to get him in to a kennel and they closed it. Every time they would walk by or tried to give him food or treats he would jump on the kennel and start growling at them. when I arrived they couldn't get him to come out so I had to go back and get him. When the counselor tried to open the gate he started barking and growling at them. When I slowly approached and he realized it was me he started crying. I let him out and he ran straight to me and hid. when the counselors tried to come by us he started barking and growling. He started to bark and growl at them when one counselor came close to me. I got him in to the car and went back to talk to them. They told me that it all started when one of the dogs in isolation got out and they had to grab him quickly because they didn't want Brutus to get hurt. I think that scared him enough to where he was afraid of the person who tried to put him in the pen. Brutus has never been like that towards people or anyone. The important thing was that no one got hurt. I checked him when we got home and everything seems fine. He was happy this morning so I am not sure exactly what set him off. When I went to drop him off he seemed like he didn't want to be there and that he was ready to go home the moment we walked in. Something tells me that something bad happened the last time we brought him and he knew it wasn't a safe place. Any advice on what I should look for or what could be the possible problem would help. My gut is telling me something happened before and he is now scared to go over there but the way they were talking nothing did.
P.s-- I should note
Yesterday he was fine around other people. We went to the dog park and he was completely fine being there with other dogs and new people that were there.

I am just scared and confused... I don't want this to turn into a problem to where I will have to put him to sleep because he is to aggressive.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Alessandra Todaro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2013, 06:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
Crowned Member

How old is the puppy?
Ninja, RN CGC & Milla, RN CGC
Joy, Star Puppy, RN CGC
Dolly CGC & Bear CGC
Gretta
Hepzibah
selzer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2013, 06:47 PM   #3 (permalink)

He is going to be 2 years old on Monday !

Old 12-11-2013, 06:49 PM   #4 (permalink)

He is cuddled up next to me trying to share his bone with me so I know it has nothing to do with me or my fiancÚ

Old 12-11-2013, 06:50 PM   #5 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I wouldn't take the dog back there. Maybe they tried to catch him and kicked him or stepped on his foot. Anyway the dog was most likely injured, hurt by the people there.

If this is totally out of the blue, and up to now he has been good with people and dogs.
Ninja, RN CGC & Milla, RN CGC
Joy, Star Puppy, RN CGC
Dolly CGC & Bear CGC
Gretta
Hepzibah
selzer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2013, 06:59 PM   #6 (permalink)

Well firstly dogs don't get aggressive cause he was grabbed to stop him getting hurt that type reaction says something more sinister went on my dog wouldn't be going back there if reacting like this then definitely something not right and for your dog to run and hide behind you says that dog was terrified you sure he hasn't been hit or something

sarah1366 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2013, 07:00 PM   #7 (permalink)
Master Member

Do not take him back there. Someone there was bad to him, he is telling you he is afraid of the people whi hurt him
Honey
http://wallacethepitbull.blip.tv/file/147911/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYdlh8_p8xQ
mebully21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2013, 07:01 PM   #8 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessandra Todaro View Post
They told me that it all started when one of the dogs in isolation got out and they had to grab him quickly because they didn't want Brutus to get hurt.

This sentence alone tells me that more happened then they are telling you. I suspect Brutus was attacked by the dog in isolation. I suspect they had to pull them apart. Two dogs can fight like all get out and you may not find any external injuries. I would hate to think of what they might have done to both dogs trying to break up the fight. I suspect that it really scared Brutus.

Based on their inability to contain dogs in isolation and based on the fact they had to chase Brutus down, I wouldn't leave my dog there again.

I would try to look more closely for any injuries. Dog fights don't always result in huge gapping wounds.
Lonestar Pivo - Texas Blue Lacy
Ashe - Barn Cat
Katie / APHA
Lilie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2013, 07:01 PM   #9 (permalink)
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessandra Todaro View Post
He is cuddled up next to me trying to share his bone with me so I know it has nothing to do with me or my fiancÚ

Curious why you'd think it had something to do with his family, maybe I misread the story..

Sounds like he got scared or hurt and doesn't trust the people there anymore, I'd try another place! Good luck!

Old 12-11-2013, 07:51 PM   #10 (permalink)

The reason I said it had nothing to do with at home was because they were questioning me to see if we spank him or if anything happened at home they needed to know

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.