Help! Rescue aggressive toward our 19 yr. old son - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2012, 02:24 AM   #11 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Have you ever stood up and take control, you mean what you say, and you say what you mean! I have seen to many dogs left out because of what you said, take control! I have to ask how hard is that? And why is your kid giving the dog treats? Have you trained the beast yet? Aggression and fear do not always fit into the same category
harmony is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2012, 08:19 AM   #12 (permalink)

Good morning all..responding to Harmony. I did indeed respond to your question/suggestion. Didn't mean my response to sound anything but sincere. I was just answering regarding treats, etc. I am new to the site, so maybe I'm not posting correctly? Again, sorry.
Jane - thanks. I agree with your suggestion, as that is the way we handled her when we first adopted her. No direct eye contact, etc. and that worked. Also loved the info re: NILIF on K9deb site. As the trainer said, remember she is "an invited guest". Lol. Thanks all. Just trying to get as many opinions as possible and I'm appreciative of anyone taking the time to respond.
Lisa100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2012, 08:37 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmony View Post
Have you ever stood up and take control, you mean what you say, and you say what you mean! I have seen to many dogs left out because of what you said, take control! I have to ask how hard is that? And why is your kid giving the dog treats? Have you trained the beast yet? Aggression and fear do not always fit into the same category
Again, sorry! Don't know what I specifically said to upset you. Training a rescue with an unclear history isn't the same as raising a dog from a pup. She was 54 pounds and emaciated when I adopted her (at approx. 18 to 24 mos. of age). I'm just looking for advice, and accepting of any suggestions. And my "kid" isn't a child, he's a 19 year old "young man". Thanks.
Lisa100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2012, 08:49 AM   #14 (permalink)

Wow, this is how we treat new members?
Twister - TB Mare (4/14/06)
mwiacek10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2012, 11:28 PM   #15 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa100 View Post
Again, sorry! Don't know what I specifically said to upset you. Training a rescue with an unclear history isn't the same as raising a dog from a pup. She was 54 pounds and emaciated when I adopted her (at approx. 18 to 24 mos. of age). I'm just looking for advice, and accepting of any suggestions. And my "kid" isn't a child, he's a 19 year old "young man". Thanks.
Sorry, I really am for coming off like that. It is ok to let people treat certain dogs but it takes a lot of control for some , always control but some are harder then others.
I have a dog that knowone likes , germanshepherd people love him but my kids even get ticked at him, and any fear or discomfort he totally knows it, so I have to be the hand in everything around here, but most of the dogs here are mine. If there is anything I can help you with please do not hesitate to ask, I have worked with different forms of aggression so I know a little
I had a off the wall dog with aggression and I had to find a certain kind of trainer to help me with him and not just a pet trainer because that did not work (not saying I know anything about your trainer, ok). One of the dogs I have now that people do not like can be aggressive but his drive is so crazy too. He has popped a lot of balls, my kids hate that (their fault if they let the ball get around him). Lastnight my daughter was sitting on the floor and he inched over there to put his head on her lap. I do not let my dogs make up their own mind how they are going to treat someone aggression to be sure, but I told her he is wanting to be friends.
Old 12-21-2012, 02:33 AM   #16 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
harmony - what in the world is with your tone and questions? have you read the thread?

Give the OP a break - they sound like they have a difficult situation and are asking the right questions and trying their best to do the right thing!
codmaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2012, 03:07 AM   #17 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by codmaster View Post
harmony - what in the world is with your tone and questions? have you read the thread?

Give the OP a break - they sound like they have a difficult situation and are asking the right questions and trying their best to do the right thing!

You are wrong, I am helping. Now if you do not like what I say is up to you. I see people all the time with aggressive dogs and it is not always the same with some kinds of aggression, believe me.
Old 12-21-2012, 03:28 AM   #18 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:

We would also like to hear your two cents. So Tell us what should she do?

I already spoke my peace!!!
Old 12-21-2012, 11:44 AM   #19 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
You are wrong, I am helping. Now if you do not like what I say is up to you. I see people all the time with aggressive dogs and it is not always the same with some kinds of aggression, believe me.

Yea, it is obvious that you are doing a great job of helping!

"it is not always the same with some kinds of aggression.." Huh?
codmaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2012, 12:39 AM   #20 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Yea, it is obvious that you are doing a great job of helping!

"it is not always the same with some kinds of aggression.." Huh?
Silly, aggression can get anyone hurt. OK why is a dog acting out in aggression? Do you think they are all the same? It takes a strong will to really help them, and the right way.

Last edited by harmony; 12-22-2012 at 12:41 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.