Split up my First Fight.... (Lab and Pit) - Page 8 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2012, 09:59 PM   #71 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konotashi View Post
Maybe if it was two labs or just two non-bully breeds in general around the same age, perhaps your advice would be viable.
But this is a 5+ year old pit and a 14+ year old lab.
Trying to force them to live peacefully would get Sania killed.

Have you ever split up a fight with a pit? When they bite, they chomp down as HARD as they can and don't let go while they thrash around.
All human wounds from splitting them up were from Sania. Letting go, bite, let go, bite, let go, bite- that's how MOST other dogs fight.
Careful, Konotashi, wouldn't repeat that around the pitbull enthusiasts....they don't think there is any such thing as "locking the jaw", or anything associated with it.
x0emiroxy0x is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2012, 10:33 PM   #72 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by x0emiroxy0x View Post
Careful, Konotashi, wouldn't repeat that around the pitbull enthusiasts....they don't think there is any such thing as "locking the jaw", or anything associated with it.

I really despise your sarcastic comments..They are completely useless. I find it funny enough that you only comment on threads that are related to pits so that you can jump in and continue to bash.

Yes, bully type dogs are very strong. No, they don't have some sort of locking mechanism on their jaws and it's completely asinine to say that they do. There are ways to break up fight between two bully type dogs.

If you actually learned something from any "pitbull enthusiasts" you would know that most of them carry a break stick on them. I guess you could call it a "key" to "unlock" their jaws.
Boaz von der Quellwasser - little man in training!

http://vomfeuergarten.weebly.com/
GatorDog is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2012, 11:24 PM   #73 (permalink)
Crowned Member

When Arwen and Jasmine started WWIII, that was it, there were stitches and drains in both bitches, swelling and bleeding and they would have killed each other if I wasn't able to separate them. Two days later, I woke up and let Arwen out, and went back to bed. In about ten minutes, still groggy, I figured I could hold Jazzy, and let Arwen in and Jazzy out.

That is how I got the wound on my leg that took 18 months to heal.

I expect that seven years later Arwen and Jazzy would have still gone through windows or doors to get to each other. I wouldn't take Arwen for a walk down my brother's street for the rest of their lives, because they would have gone right after each other.
Ninja, RN CGC & Milla, RN CGC
Joy, Star Puppy, RN CGC
Dolly CGC & Bear CGC
Gretta
Hepzibah & Hannah
selzer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2012, 11:32 PM   #74 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I don't believe that their jaws 'lock.' I know they have a lot of jaw power and they use that to hang on.
There's a reason they're rumored to have 'locking jaws.'
It's because when they bite, they DO NOT let go (willingly).
I thought break sticks were illegal because they're considered as dog fighting paraphanalia? (Sorry, I have no idea how to spell that).
-Fastest 2012/2013 U-FLI Pomeranian

"In a perfect world, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog."
Konotashi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.