sudden leash aggression - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2012, 11:14 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default sudden leash aggression

max is 14 months old and about couple months ago he had got into habit of puting leash into his mouth and start playing tug. this is getting to point when i try to take the leash off he'll growl and put his mouth on my hand and try to bite. I think this is more like over excitement. This starts suddenly while we are walking, and he usually starts doing this when we get closer to home. i use prong collars on him and and when ii give little tight to prong he'll leave it but he'll go after leash again soon i loose prong. i also have tried to make him sit down when he does, but soon ii release him from sit he'll go after that. He is really friendly dog to my family and to strangers, so i just dont understand this beahavior. please help!!!!!
pshah0002 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2012, 12:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Crowned Member

It's hard to say what this is for sure without seeing it. My own dogs like to drag me around by the leash in their mouth and will turn around and play tuggie with it too. It can sometimes be hard to get them to drop it because I don't want to get after this behavior all that much as I like it.

I would probably swat my dogs on the head if they tried to stop me by grabbing me with their mouth though. That does cross the line.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.