My Dog Tried To Attack Me. Help Please!!!! :( - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2010, 03:20 AM   #1 (permalink)

Unhappy My Dog Tried To Attack Me. Help Please!!!! :(

So, Its been so long since i posted.
Yesterday after work i went out to drink and got home drunk.
I was eating some pork chops and gave rex half of the piece of gras on the outside of the chop. then my girlfriend gave him a bowl of dried food because we didnt have meat, usually he eats raw meat but when we don't have we give him some dried food. When I Feed him meat from my hands its ok , but when i feed him meat in his bowl whoever walks near him he growls. Yesterday it was just dried food, and when i told him "Rex go eat" surprisingly he growled at me and gave me a bad look. i shouted at him, and he growled and bited my hand but didnt do any damage. i was so shocked i punched him in the face and droped him on the floor then he woke up he was gonna growl again and when i stood up he ran away hiding under the bed. i Don't know whats gotten into my dog. he doesn't even attack dogs outside that bark at him he just looks at them without even barking. he is even starting to growl at my GF when she tries to take something from him latly altough he never does that to me he usually obeys me. but growling and biting me cause i point my finger at a bowl of dried food? :S

this dog never showed any signs of aggression but i from yesterday im really starting to thinking that the raw meat does get a dog aggressive.
please anybody can give me some help, what happened? what should i do now? i still didnt talk with him he's just lying around and not moving sleeping right now.
DarkSmoke is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2010, 05:00 AM   #2 (permalink)
Crowned Member

It sounds like he's maybe food protective/aggressive?

Please, please NEVER strike your dog; that only makes the situation worse.

I'm not sure if this might be the issue, or how you could effectively and safely resolve it, but hopefully someone more helpful will come along.
-Fastest 2012 U-FLI Pomeranian

"In a perfect world, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog."
Konotashi is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2010, 05:27 AM   #3 (permalink)
Elite Member

Maybe he doesn't like your drunk persona.
Relayer is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2010, 05:30 AM   #4 (permalink)

yeah im waiting patiently for an answer , cause im woried. the strike was out of self defence nothing to hurt the dog but in case of aggression i prefer to kill the dog then the dog kills me of course. i never hitted the dog i hate animal violence so don't take me like that on that one.
Old 07-20-2010, 05:40 AM   #5 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Maybe he feels like he has to defend himself? From your post, you yell at him?

I can assure you it's not the food that's making him aggressive, though.
-Fastest 2012 U-FLI Pomeranian

"In a perfect world, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog."
Konotashi is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2010, 05:55 AM   #6 (permalink)

no i don't yell at him the way a mother yells at children to make the point, i yell at him in a commanding voice, not in a shouting voice. about my drunk persona unless he can smell me drunk and hates the smell i doubt that since i act normaly when im drunk at home with my gf.
Old 07-20-2010, 05:57 AM   #7 (permalink)

I am not the person to answer this, as I am not experienced enough.

But, I was just thinking after reading your post, that if there where such a thing like a forum for GSDs discussing their people, your dog would probably post a similar post, asking for advice, as his owner suddenly acted aggressive on him, although usually acts nice...
Pusur is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2010, 05:57 AM   #8 (permalink)

also on saturdays me and my friends are always drunk at home making noises and things he always plays with us normally never showed any agression.

just to give some hints , could this be because i used to wrestle with him and fight with each other to play ? or maybe cause some times i used to give him a small hit on the back when he does bad things (no harm or things like that) cause i read its good to do it sometimes somewere on the net.
Old 07-20-2010, 07:22 AM   #9 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Who knows what went through your dogs mind, could be food aggression, could be he was sensing some anxitey from your drunken state, could be he's maturing, etc.. But why not on the days you and your buddy's are drinking/getting drunk.. crate the dog in a quiet part of the house?

Chaos v. Wildhaus, SchH2, OB3 (HOT) ~ Bismark v. Wildhaus, SchH1 (HOT) ~ Kougar v. Wolfstraum, CGC ~ soon to be titled... And now Oberon v. Wildhaus ~ the obnoxious puppy..
G-burg is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2010, 07:32 AM   #10 (permalink)
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSmoke View Post
also on saturdays me and my friends are always drunk at home making noises and things he always plays with us normally never showed any agression.

just to give some hints , could this be because i used to wrestle with him and fight with each other to play ? or maybe cause some times i used to give him a small hit on the back when he does bad things (no harm or things like that) cause i read its good to do it sometimes somewere on the net.
Its not, and it probably is a contributor towards him being aggressive towards you. The more experienced members will be awake here shortly and give you some better input on this situation, but you're not gonna get any positive feedback on striking your dog, whether it physically harmed him or not. Believe me, it causes more mental harm than physical and damages the relationship and trust your dog has in you. And you may be encountering a long road to get him back where you'd like him to be. I'm sure that others on here will be able to give you some good information on that.
Lexi (Yorkie)~1/24/03
Lilly (Chi)~8/21/08
Tihannah is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.