My Dog Tried To Attack Me. Help Please!!!! :( - Page 4 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2010, 10:05 AM   #31 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Ok - let's pretend the OP didn't throw a George Foreman punch that knocked out his dog. Let's pretend that the OP is having a hard time explaining what happened due to his broken English.

Could your dog sense that under the influeance of alchol you are no longer considered the leader of the pack? Do you find that your dog no longer behaves in his normal 'friendly' way only when you are drunk? Could there be a chance that YOU precieve your dog being aggressive incorrectly when you are drunk? Perhaps your dog thought that when you pointed to his bowl, you were beginning a game of wrestle mania and he responded in the like? How bad was the bite?
Lilie is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2010, 11:38 AM   #32 (permalink)
Master Member

My advice? Give the dog to a reputable rescue group as soon as possible, then go to AA. Coming home drunk (and seemingly proud of it), yelling at the dog, punching the dog in the face, and not ashamed to admit any of it? You are one of the reasons that animal cruelty divisions exist.
Laughin' Tori Lori, CD, RN, CGC
Marcella's Miss Ruby Dee, RN, CGC, TDI
EchoGSD is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2010, 11:53 AM   #33 (permalink)

Ok I am going to not lecture you on your life choices for all we know he is a young college guy and well this is what they do party.

Please dont hit dogs it doesnt help. Also read these links they may help more then you know
Nothing in Life is Free Training Method
Nothing in Life is Free
Nothing in Life is Free Gaining control of your dog humanely
cagirl is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2010, 12:08 PM   #34 (permalink)

It seems your story has changed from your first post. I agree with Jax08.... rehome your dog. That way you can be drunk and pass out... and not have to be aggressive to an animal who probably is not understanding your drunken behavior. Dogs need stability they should not be waiting for someone to come home and throw some food his way hours after it usually eats.
Maggie
Baer

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. ~Roger Caras
Baersmama is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2010, 12:22 PM   #35 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I'd say make a choice. Either 1. Sober up and stop getting drunk or 2. continue being a drunk and find the dog a new home!
Old 07-20-2010, 12:30 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSmoke View Post
somebody here said that it was food protection, i highly doubt it since today during eating his dried food he was cudling with me between bites and i was holding his food bowl to eat the last bit altough he is protective when i feed him meat.
Ok, I'm going to concentrate on the actual problem here.

Your dog IS food protective.

Think of it this way. I hand you $1 and then try to take it away from you. How much of a fight are you going to put up for a buck?

But what if I hand you $1000 and then try to take it away? I'm guessing you are going to be more reactive when I try to take it away.

Your dog is reacting to the VALUE of the food item they have. Kibble = $1. Meat = $1000.

What you need to do is teach him that when he has meat he doesn't need to worry about protecting it from you.

Here's what you do. Put a couple pieces of meat in a bowl for the dog and keep a couple pieces in your hand. Place the bowl on the floor, walk away and let the dog start eating. Calmly approach the bowl (don't get close enough to cause a reaction in the dog) and toss one of the pieces of meat you are holding into the bowl. Repeat this several times.

This is teaching the dog that when you approach the bowl while he's eating his meat GOOD things happen (he gets MORE meat).
Chimanes Spice it Up Piquin (Kaynya) - Chinese Crested
Nator von Triton HIC CGC (Mauser) - LC GSD
Piquins Some Like it Hot (Spike) Chinese Crested
Piquins Too Hot To Handle - (Fuego) - Chinese Crested
Piquins Wasabi (Sabi) - Chinese Crested
Piquins Super Hot (Clark) - Chinese Crested
Banzai, Cloe, Mocha - Felines Extraordinaire
Neke, Tessa, Remi, Sadie, Riggs, Sasha, Tazer - DK, Mozart, Zoe - Gone but not forgotten
Lauri & The Gang is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2010, 12:40 PM   #37 (permalink)

what the? are you guys saying this rehoming and bunch of other B.S seriously ? you're making me regret coming here for advice.
doesn't a human has the right to go home drunk and own a german shepherd at the same time ? i don't know whats the big deal. the dog has been mine for about 5months , i got drunk all the weekend in those 5months and friends came to my home and got drunk with me, the dog always played with us and had fun, he never bitten anybody.
now because i come one day home drunk like that other days and my dog bites me because i point at his **** food bowl im an alcoholic wich should rehome his dog? either you guys are idiots or you guys live somewere were people are pussies and are scared of someone who drinks a bottle of vodka and owns a german shepherd. its of guys like me that animal cruelty exists? because i hitted my dog with a light punch for being aggressive and bitting me for nothing once in the 6months i own him and im coming for advice not to do it again because i didnt like the expirience? **** you should visit my coutnry then most of the people here teach there dogs to obey with hits and shotus and they never get bitten and the dogs are scared and obey by the one look from their owner.

i came here to know from the supose experts/expirienced guys to know how why one of a sudden my dog bites me, just because i pointed at his food bowl with my finger and told him to go eat. i don't want to hear to rehome my dog and stupid stuff like that.
now if you have an explanation/ can help me with this do it. if not tell me and i will leave no problem i'll try to find help somewere else. ****.

Last edited by DarkSmoke; 07-20-2010 at 12:44 PM. Reason: typos
DarkSmoke is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2010, 12:42 PM   #38 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Good explanation Lauri.. I too picked up on the dog being food aggressive, among other things..

Chaos v. Wildhaus, SchH2, OB3 (HOT) ~ Bismark v. Wildhaus, SchH1 (HOT) ~ Kougar v. Wolfstraum, CGC ~ soon to be titled... And now Oberon v. Wildhaus ~ the obnoxious puppy..
G-burg is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2010, 12:44 PM   #39 (permalink)
Master Member

Well from that, I think you should go elsewhere to get what you want to here, but in this country, we dont hit our dogs, sober or drunk

Chyanne-GSD-3/22/09
Chantell is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2010, 12:45 PM   #40 (permalink)

Thanks Lauri and the gang, i will definitly start to do that from tomorrow. altough this happened with kible thats why i don't understand.
DarkSmoke is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.