A Message from the Admins and Mods - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2010, 11:01 AM   #11 (permalink)
Crowned Member

thank you Yung admin! You put thought and effort in that.
Thanks to the mods who try to keep it going for the entire group.
Hopefully all axes are sufficiently sharp and resheathed.
Samba is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2010, 11:01 AM   #12 (permalink)

O and i forgot to add like the others said. Well put thank you for your input. You have much more patience than I have because I would have gotten half way through it and said screw it and just told people to Deal. SO BRAVO.
fightin14 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2010, 11:04 AM   #13 (permalink)
Doc
Elite Member

This forum will reflect the attitudes of those who control it. It will also establish the culture of this forum. As my professor told us on the last day of class many many years ago ..."Good luck, you're going to need it".
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2010, 11:08 AM   #14 (permalink)
Administrator

Thanks for the well wishes Doc! As for the culture of this forum, I think it has been established long before I got here. Now, if you want to have a discussion about the culture changing around here, that's a different story. Keep in mind, you have to play your part too.
shepherds is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2010, 11:10 AM   #15 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fightin14 View Post
I would have gotten half way through it and said screw it and just told people to Deal. SO BRAVO.

This place is a business... he can't simply say screw it as much as he might like to.

High emotions makes for interesting conversation. When people have a pee'in match you get lots of hits but at the same time, it could run off people so is very much a balancing act.

Seriously, I think that the mods do a pretty thankless job and I can't imagine how they stay as neutral as they do. They are only human after all..... and I KNOW they would like to bitch-slap us all from time to time. BLAM!

Yung, I like your quote, but why must you quote the "bad guy"???
Old 03-31-2010, 11:11 AM   #16 (permalink)
Administrator

LOL.. the bad guys always get the best lines.
Old 03-31-2010, 11:12 AM   #17 (permalink)
Crowned Member

And.... have all the fun!!
Old 03-31-2010, 11:15 AM   #18 (permalink)
Administrator

Update to my original post:

Can I also remind everyone that mods/admins are members as well. We have opinions, and we will state them like anyone else. It seems people assume because someone is a mod/admin that they shouldn't be allowed to express their opinions, or that they cannot "take sides" in a discussion or debate.

One person suggested maybe mods/admins shouldn't moderate the sections they are most interested in because their interest leads to impartiality. Honestly, if that is the case and we can't play in the areas we enjoy (after all, the admins/mods are assigned to moderate areas they picked because those areas match with their interests and their ability to help out the most), or we can't have opinions, we might as well remove their admin/mod status so they can enjoy the board like everyone else.

Let this be a wake up call. Seriously.

Just because our user profile says Mod/Admin under our name doesn't mean every time we weigh in on a discussion we are throwing our weight around. Actually, most every time I've seen a Mod/Admin step in and do something as a Mod/Admin, they have made it clear that is the intent by signing the post as "Moderator/Admin" or other such language. The rest of the time, we're really just members.
Old 03-31-2010, 11:17 AM   #19 (permalink)

I know some people complain of cliques and unfair practices by the mods, I think the cliques are among members. You see the same people taking each other's side and helping the other out in threads, but so what? That will happen in any "social" gathering.

I've posted some fairly controversial things and never been PM'd by a Mod, I guess I did break board rules, or am I part of a clique too? If I am in a clique, it sure would surprise me since several Mods and members vehemently disagreed with what I was saying.
Old 03-31-2010, 11:22 AM   #20 (permalink)
Elite Member

Shepherds, thank you for your post and thanks to the Mods/Admins for their hard work!

Now that this board is under new ownership, can I ask you re-consider the ban on political topics? Those who can manage to discuss these topics without breaking any of the forum rules shouldn't be punished because there are those who can't play nice.
MayzieGSD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.