German Shepherds Forum banner

Should I start taping his ears?

4K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Rider 
#1 ·
I am about 90% sure he is pure bred because he doesn't have papers but his ears do come up on occasion but it's not consistent it's usually like this or more "border collie" phase. I've heard that if they start to come up I shouldn't mess with them but I'm not sure what they mean by that this is our first German Shepherd. He is 6 months and done teething and he has lots to chew on daily. So I guess my question is do I need to tape him or is he good and if they can stand on their own they'll come up on their own at this point?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Even if they are purebred, their ears may, or may not come up. My puppy is almost 6 months old. Her ears are still all over the place. It doesn't matter to me, if her ears go up for good, or stay soft. I'm not taping hers.

#5 ·
It'd be my dream dog I stumbled upon if he is a malinois mix ?? I've read so much controversy on taping. I would like them to stand however I'm definitely not getting them pinned if they don't stand. Just wondering if, besides giving him lots to chew on, there is anything else I can do to give him a better chance of them standing. Both mother and father and all siblings have their ears up. He might just be the black sheep lol.

#9 ·
6 months is still young, if you do decide to tape them find someone local that has experience and can show you how to do it properly :)

Really nice looking pup :wub:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.