German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - saved/found 2 dogs this morning
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2014, 01:48 PM   #8 (permalink)
Mister C
Master Member

I have several dog saved/found stories. Here is another one.

I was walking my last dog Maddie in the local park one Summer morning. Across the park we spot a Saint Bernard running loose. We had never seen him before and no owner was in sight.

No way was I going to let this dog get hit by a car so I called to him. He comes bounding over to us with a big goofy grin on his face. Maddie barked at him a little at first but settled quickly.

I take hold of the big guys collar and learn that his name is Bandit. There is a phone number but no address on his collar. He looked in good shape and was quite friendly.

We didn't have a phone with us so we decided to take him home to make the call. But we only had one leash. So I took the leash off of Maddie and put it on Bandit. I really didn't need a leash at all for Maddie and she stuck to me like glue at all times.

We walked Bandit home. Since we didn't know if he had any house manners we put him on our screened in back porch. I stayed with him while my wife made the call. He was a really sweet dog and rolled onto his back for some belly scratches. Meanwhile, Maddie is giving us a pouty stare through the sliding glass window.

The owner was not home so Bandit hung out with us for most of the day. The owner was really glad to see him again. That made our whole week.

Madeline Ronan Heart (Maddie) Dec 1997 -- November 22, 2013 Rescue GSD, Sable
Mister C is offline   Reply With Quote