German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Breeders Near GA & Price Question
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2014, 07:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
Palydyn

I am new here also and coincidently am looking for a white shepherd in California. I can't recommend breeders in Georgia but I can tell you a little about prices around here. Prices range from $500 to $5,500 (pick of the litter Berger Blanc Suisse). However, white GSD's range from $500 to $3,000, with a majority of those coming from long established breeders falling between $1,500 to $2,500. Many of the breeders who seem to have been in business the longest offer proof of parents OFA certified hips, elbows evaluated and rated and DM checked. I asked on this site if that was the norm and should I be wary of breeders who don't offer such proof but never got an answer. I didn't think that was breeder bashing but who knows. My last white cost $1,000 and came from parents with OFA certified hips but developed hip problems and other health issues anyway and died before he was 10. So sometimes I guess its a crapshoot.

Good luck.
Palydyn is offline   Reply With Quote