German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - New Puppy and New IPO 3!
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2014, 05:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
N Smith
Master Member

Default New Puppy and New IPO 3!

I have not trained IPO in about a year - I have no club that I want to train with here and I had other goals (starting Agility, having my first litter of Shepherds and Poms) and really, I just was starting to lose my love for the sport because I was often training alone.

Well I decided about a 2 weeks before the IPO trial in Alaska that I would trial my dogs regardless of the fact that they had done NO prep whatsoever for it. I figured, its trial experience and I am there anyways, the worst that will happen is I won't get a title, but I ALWAYS walk away with new knowledge from a trial - so really nothing to lose.

My male, Gladiator did phenomenal, I am SO proud of him. He had a slip up in Protection work, which meant no score, but he passed the other two phases with decent scores. It was only his 3rd track of the year!! He got his APr1 last year, this year we were going for his IPO 1, but we will prep for next year

My female, who just weaned her litter mid-July, Ironhide was utterly spectacular! She has done absolutely no obedience, retrieving, tracking, protection - nothing except playing/tugging/bike rides since March! She finished her IPO 3 title and made her mama SO proud!

Here are some pictures of her and I earning our IPO 3 (My VERY FIRST IPO 3!!!):

Dumbbell Retrieve

Blind Search:

Hold and Bark, Escape:

Courage test and reattack after the out:

Tracking:

AND Presenting Optimus Prime vom Ironhide - 13.5 weeks here. He is the male I kept from her litter, call name Hellboy and living up to it everyday! I have high hopes for this amazing boy and love working with him.

N Smith is offline   Reply With Quote