German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Seeing great progress with Eko after starting medication
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2014, 02:16 AM   #1 (permalink)
Sarah~
Master Member

Default Seeing great progress with Eko after starting medication

So I was a little afraid to post this because I know there are quite a few people against this sort of thing but I feel really good about how much Eko's behavior is improving and how much more focus he has. I have talked several times about how unfocused and anxious Eko can be and even the few times I could afford a private lesson with a trainer he commented on Eko's overall nervousness. I have anxiety issues myself so I was too afraid to go to a group class because of how reactive Eko can be. After 2 1/2 years I finally have broken down and asked the vet if there was anything we could try. She prescribed Prozac and after almost 2 weeks I'm seeing such a huge difference. So much more focus, less whining and anxious behaviors, and even a difference in his aggression to other animals I wanted something to take the edge off so he would be easier to work with, and that's exactly what I've got so far. I really hope to take him off of the Prozac after a while but we will see what happens. I know this is no big deal to most people but it's been a big deal to me and I'm so happy I gave medication a try. I wish I'd tried it sooner!