German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Tell us something you normally wouldn't
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2014, 10:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
llombardo
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneforce View Post
For over 30 years I have used Choke chains on my dogs. "never had any problems either" I liked the look and control I have with them. I have had red ones, blue ones, triple chrome plated ones, purple and pink ones for the girls. I cringe every time the words choke chain come up on here. I have seen people "not directly" Flat out call me a bad dog owner and should not have a dog. It really hurts when I read that, because I have always loved every dog I have ever had. When Taz died I cried for 2 days solid, and I am a guy unlike the other 95% on here. I have always been ashamed of telling people that I cried. The same thing when Ginger went. I got so sick on the way home from having her put to sleep. I threw up several times. I love my dogs very much and really do not need people telling me I am a bad owner, because I use a choke chain on them. I watch them like a hawk when any collar is on them, or even if there is no collar. I make sure they are ok daily. I inspect them to make sure they have no bugs or anything like that. I let them play and excersize, and always make sure they have something to eat. I study and make sure I am feeding them healthy foods, and make sure they stay out of trouble. I protect them with my life, and always make sure they have all their shots and get vet checked. Heck my dogs are healthier then I am. LOL Anyways this is something I normally would not tell people, and really did not want to tell it this time either. It has been building up though....
I think it's great that you can show and feel emotion. My dad cried like a baby when he has had to put his dogs down. My ex didn't think it was a big deal when we had to put down our lab, by the time we left I was hysterical and both he and my son were in tears. Don't worry about what other people think, everything is different for each person and unless they walk in your shoes they should keep their mouths shut
Midnite-German Shepherd CGC, TC
Brennan- Golden Retriever CGC
Batman- Husky/Greyhound
llombardo is offline   Reply With Quote