German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Kato did not do great with blood work and not impressed with vet tech/vet
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2014, 01:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cassidy's Mom
No Stinkin' Leashes Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSD Owner in Training :-) View Post
I just can't believe it took the vet tech 3 tries and the vet herself 2 tries to finally get a vein. Is it normal to have such an issue finding a vein or do I just have a crummy vet tech/veterinarian?
Depends. My vet jokes that Keefer has chihuahua veins, and it's taken a few tries to get blood from him before, even with experienced techs. They've never had a problem with any of my other dogs before, so it's just his veins. He had blood taken a week ago for a thyroid test, and the tech didn't have much trouble getting a vein, but he discovered that he needs to wait a few seconds for the tube to start filling, so patience is key. Now that he knows the trick, it should be easier next time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Cassidy's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote