German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Dear Maija - the best sister a big doofus didn't know
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2014, 09:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Anubis_Star
Elite Member

Default Dear Maija - the best sister a big doofus didn't know

It is with a heavy heart that I say Berlin's dear, beautiful sister Maija has passed away. Only 19 months old - she was struck by a truck last night and suffered substantial injuries, her poor grief stricken owners opted to euthanize.

We had formed a private group on facebook right after we all got the puppies, 5 of us especially with different pups from this litter still talk frequently, share photos and videos and stories, ask for advice. We were even hoping for a meetup next year. I definitely feel very close to this little group.

She was the lone female of our group, our "Princess" for sure.

It is troubling and confusing, how much this is really affecting me. I see death every day at work. I euthanized 2 dogs at work last night. And I felt BAD for them and their owners, but it didn't hit me personally. It almost never does. And even when those close to me lose dogs, I feel bad for them, I feel bad for their dog, but it has never affected me like this. I feel like I lost my own dog. I've been crying non stop since I found out last night.

I know she wasn't my dog. But she was definitely a member of my fur-family. More than anything, I want people to know and remember what a lovely, amazing dog she was.

We ALL love you little Maija, it will not feel the same without you. I wish more than anything I could of seen the beautiful, amazing dog you were destined to become

Berlin vom Spartanville 1/13/13
Zeke 5/25/07
Luther 2008 - 7/23/12

"Take this trouble from me: Make sure my shepherd dog remains a working dog, for I have struggled all my life long for that aim." Max Von Stephanitz
Anubis_Star is offline   Reply With Quote