German Shepherds Forum banner

Painful/Itchy Ear

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  scuba_bob 
#1 ·
Harley's left ear is bothering him. Every time he scratches it, he cries. Though he doesn't scratch it constantly.
I've treated it for yeast build-up. Nothing. I've treated it for mites. Again, nothing. I've looked inside his ear, and it doesn't look dirty, just red and irritated. I think I'm going to have to take him to the Vet. :(
But I'm wondering, what on Earth could be causing this?:confused:

#6 · (Edited)
Hey my shepherd gets this and just finished up a round... Sounds a lot like what's happening with yours, it swollen up and was nasty. When this first started was about a year and a half ago and the last vet would eject him with shots and put him on antibiotics with drops but after the pills and drops were done it would just come back and vet would repeat and take another $400-$500 from me, this went on for 3 or 4 times with the same vet office as their the only one in that town. I just moved out to Calgary and went to another vet that also does holistic and this vet treated the ear with drops(mometamax) no shots no antibiotics and this natural ear cleaner called avena sativa for 10 days and it fixed him up in no time. What's great is the vet also gave me drops to use if I notice his ears bugging him then I'd use this drop call burows solutions, 5 drops twice daily for two days to prevent it. Thought this was great and is working awesome so far and this vet visit cost like half of what I was paying before cause they weren't fast to up sell with shots and pills. My dogs ear issues where from allergies.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.