German Shepherds Forum banner

When is it time.....

2K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  huntergreen 
#1 ·
The family dog, Cookie, is 11 years old. She's a Dalmatian/Lab mix. We all love her (though she drives us NUTS sometimes), but she has some major digestive issues. She has had them ever since we brought her home as a puppy. It seems to be getting worse and worse. My parents spent nearly $1,000 on testing and medicine, just to find out that she has a sensitive stomach. She's eating BilJak Sensitive Solutions, but it doesn't work. We've tried many others that also don't work. It seems that she's been doing very badly lately. She vomits at least three times during the night, sometimes she'll vomit multiple times throughout the day. We don't know what to do. It's no way for an animal to live, but I have no idea what else we can do?? Just experiment with more foods? Is it cruel of me to consider Euthanasia?
Please help. :(

#2 ·
Ask yourself these questions.. Is her quality of life good? Is she in pain? If you don't feel that she is happy and has a good quality of life then I would say you can consider it. But don't Eunthanize her just cause she has a sensitive stomach. I am sure this can be resolved.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.