German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Can anyone observe IPO trial?
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2014, 04:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
ayoitzrimz
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren43 View Post
I did the same thing here, just emailed and asked if I could watch.

Just don't expect anyone to be warm and fuzzy. I thoroughly enjoyed watching but I felt like the odd man out lol!
Trial days are stressful - the club hosting it has a ton of paperwork to go through and they are worried about field conditions, competitors, paperwork, fees, etc so they are stressed.

Every competitor is stressed to some levels. I don't talk to anyone on trial day and not very pleasant to be around I know it about myself, I own it, and I apologize to my teammates in advance... Other people probably handle it better.

So, yea, trial day is where people are mostly focused on themselves. It's the day where you get to show all the hard work; however, dogs are funny creatures that can screw with you on any given day so it's inherently stressful until after it's done.

We don't have a problem having people come over and watch but you did the right thing by reaching out to the club in advance.

Come join a club for training, just come and watch, people will be much much nicer and overall IMO joining a club on a training day will be much more rewarding than on trial day